Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Trick or Treat. How many come to your door?

Question

How many times has your doorbell rung tonight?

We've gotten quite a few, more that last year. It's a hoot to see all the kids dressed up this time of year. Nice to know the neighbors are still active.

15 answers to this question

We usually start the evening prepared for around 200. At 7:30 the lights go off and we go in. After 7:30, it is teenagers and people from less affluent neighborhoods that come in by the bus load. We are not into that.

Not as many here as other years, many have grown up. But it is fun to see the little ones. The little fairy princesses, the group of Star Wars Storm Troopers....the cowardly lion, they were all really cute!

Beth

Well the one advantage to a slow Halloween was that everyone had real good candy to give up..lots of big chocholate bars :).. slowest Halloween on record around here I would say. People take kids to malls and churches any more these days. We like oldschool door to door though. I entertained by dressing up and acting like a zombie and the wife was a witch. People got kick out of us not wanting to leave and trying to continue on into their houses. Was funny stuff with some being very friendly and others being duds. Those ones you just move on and let them be the weirdos they are..lol. Kids got tired one time around the block...funniest thing was happening up on the neighbor lady dressed up all slutty walking the streets with her kids. She was kinda into the unknown zombie flirting with her. Wifey and I don't really associate with her and her kids poor attitude though so..

not a one :) We live on a quiet little 7 house street that nobody knows about. We used to have one kid that came for the first 2 years but now nobody but my wife and I have kids on our street

Well, for no charity event, and with 200+ items to hand out, we were done in an hour and 15 minutes. We give out ice water bottles, soda pop and capri sun juices. We used to hand them out to everyone, and now just limit it to kids under 18. When we handed out to everyone, we would get 5 adults, all with their own candy bags, and one kid in a stroller asleep. They would expect 6 water bottles and soda pops for the whole crew. It takes a lot of the fun out of it. I also counted 35 vehicles on just my street that were trick or treating, that were not from my neighborhood.

We usually start the evening prepared for around 200. At 7:30 the lights go off and we go in. After 7:30, it is teenagers and people from less affluent neighborhoods that come in by the bus load. We are not into that.

You dont do a truck or treat Scott. We do it at the park right by the house. the entire area has gone to this for years.

Truly a very neat idea, gets you to know your neighbors.

Didn't you say that was also a charity event?

Beth

Yes, it was a food drive - we collected several hundred dollars and I'm not even sure how many 55 gallon barrels of canned & non-perishable foods for our community food closet.

Next year it will be 3 families/houses and we're shooting to raise donations for our animal shelters :)

Celeste

Yes, it was a food drive - we collected several hundred dollars and I'm not even sure how many 55 gallon barrels of canned & non-perishable foods for our community food closet.

Next year it will be 3 families/houses and we're shooting to raise donations for our animal shelters :)

Celeste

That is a very cool idea! Didn't you say the house made local news too, and was open for like a week?

Beth