Sign in to follow this  
RealCleaningSolutions

Warning warning

Question

Hello Everyone.

I am extremely disgusted by Power wash Pro’s completely unacceptable and unethical business practices. I wanted to give all of you a heads up so no-one else has to go through what I have been through.

Almost 2 years ago I contacted Nate and Nicole Jones at Powerwash pros. They were extremely helpful to me as I started my pressure washing business. After meeting them and going to the roundtable with them I completely trusted the them and the services they provided. In late July Nicole contacted me and told me that she wanted some help pressure washing the some Shell gas stations. Since I needed the extra work and she needed the help I was more than happy to head down to Denver from Cheyenne and help them out. We talked and agreed on what I believe to be a fair price for subcontracted pressure washing services. I went down and helped them clean the Shell stations. I at the time was unable to actually work because of medical issues so I had one of my employees perform the work but I was on site the entire time.

Then I went down a few days later to help them complete the gum removal of the Fillmore. Once both of these were done I sent them the invoice.

After the bill had been due for 30 days I simply called them and asked what their schedule was to pay me. Nicole told me that she was in Colorado Springs working and that she would get a money order to me as soon as she got back. I had no problem and told her that would be fine.

A few weeks later after receiving nothing in the mail I called her again. This time she was about to go into a doctors appointment with her daughter so asked if she could call me back. I told her no problem just call me when you have some time. After another few weeks I started calling about once a week and just asking the schedule of what they were working with. I never demanded payment I simply told them that I understood cash flow issues and just wanted to know when to expect payment. I have not heard a single thing since then. I sent a statement which they received because I sent it return reciept. I sent another statement in the beginning of December which they refused to receive after the post office attempted to deliver it three times. The only reason I put this here is to warn my you, my fellow business owner so that you don’t lose $2,000 like I did. To this day I would love to get paid and renew my relationship with Powerwash Pro’s but they left me with no choice but to warn all of you. DON’T GET BURNED BY POWERWASH PRO’S!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: I worked, paid all of my expenses, and never got paid by Powerwash Pro’s. It has been 7 months and I have not heard a single thing. I am out $1,400 in expenses and was doing work for a discount rate only to be screwed and not get a single penny. If they wish to dispute this then they can simply contact me! I would love to talk to them and get things straight so I can get paid.

--Daniel Wilson

15 answers to this question

Hello Everyone.

I am extremely disgusted by Power wash Pro’s completely unacceptable and unethical business practices. I wanted to give all of you a heads up so no-one else has to go through what I have been through.

Almost 2 years ago I contacted Nate and Nicole Jones at Powerwash pros. They were extremely helpful to me as I started my pressure washing business. After meeting them and going to the roundtable with them I completely trusted the them and the services they provided. In late July Nicole contacted me and told me that she wanted some help pressure washing the some Shell gas stations. Since I needed the extra work and she needed the help I was more than happy to head down to Denver from Cheyenne and help them out. We talked and agreed on what I believe to be a fair price for subcontracted pressure washing services. I went down and helped them clean the Shell stations. I at the time was unable to actually work because of medical issues so I had one of my employees perform the work but I was on site the entire time.

Then I went down a few days later to help them complete the gum removal of the Fillmore. Once both of these were done I sent them the invoice.

After the bill had been due for 30 days I simply called them and asked what their schedule was to pay me. Nicole told me that she was in Colorado Springs working and that she would get a money order to me as soon as she got back. I had no problem and told her that would be fine.

A few weeks later after receiving nothing in the mail I called her again. This time she was about to go into a doctors appointment with her daughter so asked if she could call me back. I told her no problem just call me when you have some time. After another few weeks I started calling about once a week and just asking the schedule of what they were working with. I never demanded payment I simply told them that I understood cash flow issues and just wanted to know when to expect payment. I have not heard a single thing since then. I sent a statement which they received because I sent it return reciept. I sent another statement in the beginning of December which they refused to receive after the post office attempted to deliver it three times. The only reason I put this here is to warn my you, my fellow business owner so that you don’t lose $2,000 like I did. To this day I would love to get paid and renew my relationship with Powerwash Pro’s but they left me with no choice but to warn all of you. DON’T GET BURNED BY POWERWASH PRO’S!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: I worked, paid all of my expenses, and never got paid by Powerwash Pro’s. It has been 7 months and I have not heard a single thing. I am out $1,400 in expenses and was doing work for a discount rate only to be screwed and not get a single penny. If they wish to dispute this then they can simply contact me! I would love to talk to them and get things straight so I can get paid.

--Daniel Wilson

Hello Everyone.

--Daniel Wilson

Thank you for sharing. If what ya say happened is what happened I would say I would not be so easy or kind to have waited this long for payment. Subcontract relations are sometimes way too laxed in the paperwork/legality department of creating enforcable terms. Regardless, I feel for ya there. That sucks to not be paid.

Can be hard to determine if your dealing with reputable people when doing business. Perfect world would see a hand shake sufficing.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Hello Everyone.

--Daniel Wilson

That Stinks, she has been on *** recently trying to buy a surface cleaner in Cali....on graiglist...

I hope it all works out Daniel, letting us all know is a good thing.

She must be in some trouble?

Hello Everyone.

--Daniel Wilson

Hey Dan I met you at the CO roundtable. How has business been besides this incident?

Don't lose all hope from getting paid. There are some options. If you have a signed agreement with them it will make things a little easier.

It's truely a shame that you got burned by her I had a feeling she was this type of person. I know of two other companies she has taken advantage of but not for nearly the amount she has taken you for.

When I subcontracted work to them, I paid them before I recieved a dime from the company paying me.

Do you think she could have bid the job too low and she may be losing money? She has taken accounts from me by cutting my bid price by half just to get the contract.

What a shame...

Edited by Colorado ProWash

I don't understand how you feel, and God willing, I won't ever have to. Sorry to hear about your problem. Regardless of a persons situation, only a scumbag would not return phone calls, or make an effort to handle it one way or another.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support! I just feel at a loss. I wanted to be nice and understanding about hte whole situation. Even if they had lost money thats fine but I still need to get paid. My employees still got paid even if I didnt make a dime. Please dont get me wrong I am not trying to ruin thier repuation or anything. I simply want to get PAID :-). I don't want any of you to get burned so I thought I would post a "buyer beware". I since have sold my pressure washing business to another individual who is operatinng in Cheyenne. Pressure washing was a great experiance and I loved it. I have simply moved on to different business endeavors. Once again thanks for all the support and if anyone knows anyway to get ahold of them let me know. I have Nicoles dad's number and he is an upstanding super nice guy but thats the only person I have been able to talk to. Keep in touch guys!!

The situation is definitely a shame. It would be nice to hear Powerwash Pro's side of this. I think most of us can understand financial problems, if that is the reason. But, I agree with Beth, it has been more than long enough for them to address this with you and it is high time to take the next step. It's a tough situation. God Luck to you.

Edited by sthom21

The situation is definitely a shame. It would be nice to hear Powerwash Pro's side of this. I think most of us can understand financial problems, if that is the reason. But, I agree with Beth, it has been more than long enough for them to address this with you and it is high time to take the next step. It's a tough situation. God Luck to you.

Scott I miss you man , where have you been ????

(sorry to hijack the thread)

That is a shame!

If you have something on paper then the next thing would be to go to small claims court.

It always happens when you try to be nice to people, some will do things like that or take advantage of you in other ways.

I wish I had the answer for you but you don't want to wait too long as there might be a time limit.

Call the courthouse and see what steps you need to take and whatever other expenses are involved, add those in.

Good luck.

Superior Power Washing

Chris Chappell

361-853-2513

prostaff@superiorpowerwashing.com

Exterior House Cleaning Corpus Christi Texas

Fleet Washing Corpus Christi Texas

On another note if you go to thier web page they link a few prominent cleaners and web pages on thier site Commercial & Residential Power / Pressure Washing Services - Serving the Denver Colorado Metro Area Since 2006

Might want to think about your association with them if they are not practicing good buisness ethics.

I have been in this situation with a person that I trusted and they make plenty of money to pay their bills, it was that he just figured I was the little and what could I do. I had no written agreement with him and had done plenty of jobs for a higher than normal rate on a "rush basis" so I had no problem on waiting for payment on the last job.

Lesson learned the hard way, I will never work for anyone without a written agreement and have no legal recourse on the other guy. I wrote off my expenses and moved on from there.