Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Armstrong Clark and full restoration - PT deck

Question

This deck got full restoration. The photos are after it was washed, it was also fully sanded and then it was sealed with Armstrong Clark. The deck lights were also polished.... ;)

Beth :banana: :dancing:

post-1-137772256875_thumb.png

post-1-137772256883_thumb.png

post-1-13777225689_thumb.png

post-1-137772256897_thumb.png

post-1-137772256907_thumb.png

15 answers to this question

Beth,

Nice prep. If you had to sand PT, it must have been bad! Great to see hired help in the picture.

Like that color of A-C on PT.

You're kidding me, right? We have enough two bit low balling hacks that blast with just pressure around here that you often need to sand....but there is a price... ;)

Beth

You're kidding me, right? We have enough two bit low balling hacks that blast with just pressure around here that you often need to sand....but there is a price... ;)

Beth

Beth,

Hah! Just posted something similar on an ipe' job. Gotta' love them!

WOW that deck looks Great!! Did you rent that sander or was it yours and how much does a sander like that go for?? Besides the defelter we use once in awhile I have a porter cable 21" belt sander that is basically a pain in the butt which we also use once in awhile.

To answer a few of the questions....:

The sander is Alto, we used 20 grit to get down to level and went up to 60.

It was a rental unit which was noisy and sounded like a yamaha with a thrown piston.

Don't know how much they cost but I can guess they would be around 2K

As far as how well A/C would hold up down in Texas, I would guess as well as up here in the mid Atlantic. Check with Jake Clark, he can fill ya in.

Rod!~

Looks absolutely gorgeous - you mind if I call for the exact recipe? I own a floor sander - and I've decided that from now on to sand everything - the work is 10x better. When I was using woodtux - sanding was the only thing between blotchy orangey appearance and a deeper more even brownish hue.