Sign in to follow this  
Keane

one man crews

Question

18 answers to this question

What all are you puting on the trailer. I have 2 hose reals one is pressure one with 150ft and other garden hose real have 36 gallen tank and the surface cleaner and few other small things have small truck but hoping to move to van this winter.

200' of 3/4" hose, battery, delavan pump and a 100 gallon tank. About 4' left on the back of the trailer for anything else. And a gang box on the front. Here is an old picture and I have changed the configuration some since then like moving the tank further forward and turning it 90 degrees. This is set up as a roof cleaning/house wash rig.

post-5133-137772262108_thumb.jpg

I drive an '08 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with a Kobalt truck box(holds 80% of my stuff), carry my surface cleaner, ladder and a couple of totes(cleaners and SH) in the bed and pulling a single axle trailer with a 185 gal tank. I have two reels, one is 100ft high pressure hose(I carry an extra 100 ft( 2 - 50 footers) in my truck box) and a 75ft garden hose on the other reel (I carry an extra 100 ft in my truck box.) I currently don't have a backup PW, but looking to get one in the near future.

Crews and crew size change with the job honestly. Sometimes a job takes one guy while another may take three to get it done in a reasonable time frame. We run 4 crews and have 7 guys on payroll right now and we shift them around as the job requires it. We run all box trucks and cargo vans... no trailers. We have extra equipment for emergency but rarely have we had problems with our washers and such.

Edited by Greg R

I pull a 14-foot enclosed trailer with my 2006 Chevy 2500. If my truck breaks down I also own 2-Land Rover Discoverys that will do the job. Hugh

With all the rental equpment around such as trucks and pressure washers, Except for the really high end equipment is there really a need for a spare when you can just rent one for a few days until yours is fixed. Couple of hundred dollars on a rental is better than a few thousand for a large paper weight.

Crews and crew size change with the job honestly. Sometimes a job takes one guy while another may take three to get it done in a reasonable time frame. We run 4 crews and have 7 guys on payroll right now and we shift them around as the job requires it. We run all box trucks and cargo vans... no trailers. We have extra equipment for emergency but rarely have we had problems with our washers and such.

+1!

Greg nailed it.

Beth

10 ft box truck & 6x14 enclosed single axle trailer, have a back up cold water unit, & a Ford Aerostar that could pull trailer if needed.

post-1457-137772263565_thumb.jpg

Edited by acegot
added pics

16' duel axle trailer, 500 gallon water capacity, 3,000psi 5gpm hot wash unit. 1 high pressure hose reel with 100 ft. hose. Carry 100' water hose. Pull with 2001 Chevy 1500

16' duel axle trailer, 500 gallon water capacity, 3,000psi 5gpm hot wash unit. 1 high pressure hose reel with 100 ft. hose. Carry 100' water hose. Pull with 2001 Chevy 1500

Please go to "My Controls" and complete your signature line. House Rules.

I was driving my landcruiser around with my 5x8 trailer had to get me a new tundra.

Please go to "My Controls" and complete your signature line. House Rules.