Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

It's a powerwash wand, not a magic wand.

Question

Why do people bother trying to do the job when they have no experience? I was able to get most of these marks out today but not all of them.

post-2213-137772274397_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772274418_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772274439_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772274459_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

You wonder if customers can read our minds when the see us looking at it

This was two weeks ago for me.

Have we had a thread lately to show wand marks

post-1675-137772274479_thumb.jpg

You got to love wand art by lowballer. So how do you blend that stuff back in.

"Wand Art" That cracks me up. It's kind of though to blend it back but I just turn up the pressure a bit higher and keep going over the damaged spots with my fingers and toes crossed. Sometimes you get lucky. Wax may help too.

I have a crazzy azz neighbor, and unlicensed contractor who works under the table. The guy is a craftsman, who could make a good living if he went legitimate. But I suspect that would cut into his disability pay check. If you have any idea I do not like him, you are right, i despise the POS. Any way, ds was spotted washing his house, by hand. Yeah, by hand, with a bucket and a wash cloth. Talk about crap work, he left streaks on what he washed. The streaks will disappear when he finishes moving the dirt, sand and gravel the dump truck left last week and the dust settles.

If he was a nice neighbor, he could ask and I would share the recipe for a house wash mix.

Why do people bother trying to do the job when they have no experience? I was able to get most of these marks out today but not all of them.

Why did you even go back to do this job?? When Lowballers mess up something like this I won't touch it. They damaged the Vinyl and I don't know how you expect to fix that for the customer without blasting the house and possible adding more damage.

John - I hate it when this happens to a house, then they let 4 to 5 years go by so it's covered in mildew and algae. And then another contractor shows up and is faced with this after cleaning it up - and the homeowners act all surprised it looks like this.

Amazing to me the perception DIY's or new firms have.

They surely must say to themselves, "what have I gotten myself into ? This is going to take forever". "It's only cleaning a 1/2 inch path". "oohh look, I can make designs with it"

Going back and fixing those mistakes is something that is part of being a legitimate company. When you are the person (or company) that comes through with the right knowledge and equipment you are the person who is going to get the referrals. Always offer to fix others' mistakes, if you able to without damage.

By no means am I saying do this for free, but the customer will truly appreciate your intimate knowledge of your work.

It looks like they took the oxidation off. I had one last week that I fixed for someone after Sir Hack a lot left his mark on a couple of walls.

I used my gutter cleaner on it. Hand brushed both walls and rinsed. Worked like a charm.

I did a test spot when I went to looked at it and charged them an hourly rate.

There is poor workmanship in every industry. No different than there is true pros. Ours is just a little tougher to address as we don't have lic's to deal with. Just because I own a set of wrenches, doesn't mean I'm going to consider myself a mechanic.

Why did you even go back to do this job?? When Lowballers mess up something like this I won't touch it. They damaged the Vinyl and I don't know how you expect to fix that for the customer without blasting the house and possible adding more damage.

The customer wasn't too happy with the price I gave them when I bid the job but they were very happy when I finished the job. Just one more example between the hacks and the rest of us. I'm sure this will be another life-long customer as well as their friends that they tell about me.

I'm assuming it was aluminum siding. Ive never seen marks like this in vinyl.

The customer wasn't too happy with the price I gave them when I bid the job but they were very happy when I finished the job. Just one more example between the hacks and the rest of us. I'm sure this will be another life-long customer as well as their friends that they tell about me.

Thats what I want!!!!!!!

(I got a lil bit! ... I've tasted it! Word of mouth!!!!) Its awesome!

With gutter cleaning they askin for yearly contracts!

House before last, including gutter scrub in front. 40 dollar tip!