Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

Come one, come all!

***** Convention - Wood Restoration Sessions

Where: Marriott World Center, Orlando, Fl.

When: 1st session: Friday, October 23, 4:00 - 4:50 PM

2nd session: Saturday, October 24, 2:10 - 2:55 PM

Why: Exterior wood restoration is a growing specialty field in the pressure washing industry. Existing wood contractors, as well as new contractors and those looking to add wood restoration to their existing services will learn both the basics and operational tips to help your business.

Topics include:

• equipment
  • chemicals
  • wood identification
  • cleaning, stripping, and brightening
  • stains and staining
  • customer service

The ***** would like to thank the following individuals and companies for their support and sponsorship.

Peirce Fitchett, Ready Seal

Pete Marentay, Sun Brite Supply

Mathew Johnson, Pressure Washing Services

Class participants will be eligible to win the following prizes:

10 lbs. Rip It! Sodium Hydroxide Wood Stripper - courtesy of Sun Brite Supply

10 lbs. Wood Bright Sodium Percarbonate Wood Cleaner - courtesy of ACR Products

10 lbs. ESI Citralic Wood Neutralizer/Brightener - courtesy of The Sealer Store

5 gals. Armstrong - Clark Wood Stain - courtesy of Armstrong - Clark

5 gals Ready Seal Wood Stain - courtesy of Ready Seal

Shipping of all prizes and stain color selection is included.

***** Convention - Wood Restoration Sessions

Where: Marriott World Center, Orlando, Fl.

When: 1st session: Friday, October 23, 4:00 - 4:50 PM

2nd session: Saturday, October 24, 2:10 - 2:55 PM

Why: Exterior wood restoration is a growing specialty field in the pressure washing industry. Existing wood contractors, as well as new contractors and those looking to add wood restoration to their existing services will learn both the basics and operational tips to help your business.

Topics include:

• equipment
  • chemicals
  • wood identification
  • cleaning, stripping, and brightening
  • stains and staining
  • customer service

The ***** would like to thank the following individuals and companies for their support and sponsorship.

Peirce Fitchett, Ready Seal

Pete Marentay, Sun Brite Supply

Mathew Johnson, Pressure Washing Services

Class participants will be eligible to win the following prizes:

10 lbs. Rip It! Sodium Hydroxide Wood Stripper - courtesy of Sun Brite Supply

10 lbs. Wood Bright Sodium Percarbonate Wood Cleaner - courtesy of ACR Products

10 lbs. ESI Citralic Wood Neutralizer/Brightener - courtesy of The Sealer Store

5 gals. Armstrong - Clark Wood Stain - courtesy of Armstrong - Clark

5 gals Ready Seal Wood Stain - courtesy of Ready Seal

Shipping of all prizes and stain color selection is included.

What no Thompsons Water Seal LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to an old pro's presentation. Any one that doesnt know Rick Petry, He;s a great guy and one hell of an artist with exterior wood or should I say perfectionist.

See you in Orlando Oct 23rd - 25th

What no Thompsons Water Seal LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to an old pro's presentation. Any one that doesnt know Rick Petry, He;s a great guy and one hell of an artist with exterior wood or should I say perfectionist.

See you in Orlando Oct 23rd - 25th

Rick Petry is a craftsman who knows his wood, chemicals, techniques and stains. Thank you for stepping up and sharing your expertise.

Jake Clark

Armstrong Clark Company

Rick Petry is a craftsman who knows his wood, chemicals, techniques and stains. Thank you for stepping up and sharing your expertise.

Jake Clark

Armstrong Clark Company

Craftsman, that's the word I was looking for

Hey Jake, look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for all you have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Petry is some wood Guru. He knows his stuff and he has it down to a science. A true master who could be deemed an artist in this field. I used to consider myself an Artist when it came to staining but I no longer do it cause my two guys have taken that over but I was never in Ricks Class. He is the Master!!!!

Thanks for the accolades, Jeff, John, and Jake. Hey, the three "J's"! After 8 years I've learned a little bit about restoring exterior wood. But there are others, some that are active here on TGS, that do extraordinary work, and have been in business far longer than Windsor WoodCare. I've learned a lot from others, and this web site has been a valuable resource over the years.

Now, I hope I can transfer some of this wood knowledge into a worthwhile presentation!

A question was raised over at PT State that may be of interest to attendees. There are 2 sessions, one each on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Each session will be unique, with different subjects and prizes. With only a cumulative total time allotted of 1.5 hours, we can only quickly cover some ground.

If there is further interest outside of the sessions, I would be glad to host an informal get together for sharing info after scheduled convention hours. In particular, if there are other established "woodies" that want to participate, that would be great.

Just got back home from Orlando last night. Took a few days R&R after the convention.

Thanks to everyone, from the ***** committees and organizers, speakers, the many vendors, and especially the membership for making this first convention an event that was way beyond expectation. In so many ways, this was just a terrific convention. There is no doubt that the ***** is for real. Congratulations to all.

My apologies to the 4 or 5 attendees of the wood restoration session #2 that did not receive printed copies of the presentation. I was not expecting a crowd of 30 the 2nd day. Please do not hesitate to shoot me an email and I'll forward you the file in MS Word format.

I think I can vouch for most that were in Orlando. "We can't wait until next year!".

Sign in to follow this