Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

Do Universities get their buildings cleaned?

Question

I was wondering if any of you have ever washed university buildings? I look at the buildings on my campus and most have black streaks on the stone and concrete, and could use a good cleaning.

How would you go about to giving a bid on a project like this?

10 answers to this question

Ususlly an RFP is given out, and many hoops are jumped through before getting this type of work. I just recieved an RFP for MN State Universities, and quickly decided that it was too much BS to consider submitting.

I have an acct. with a university in Hou. I recieved an RFP from them, and am on the vendor list within their system. The way I understand their system is that when anybody on campus needs a service, they are to search within their system via maintainance director or facilities mgr.to alert the services needed.

One time I might have a bldg. the next might be flatwork. But once in their system, they do not have to request for other contractors unless they are dissatisfied with the current contractor.

uh hmm....knock on wood.

I love government contracts. Universities are great, because they are more likely to understand the associated costs of doing business, so you can more easily charge them a fair price. Of course, I have never shied away from a government contract, and actually have them as a large part of my business.

Resi- it's thier money and thier homes

Com-not thier money, bosses Might be watching

Gov/Schools- is it in thier budget. go get it, by end of year it "WILL" be gone, the question is who will get it.