Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Beth it looks Great, I like it!!!

Question

17 answers to this question

Only thing is, whats with the huge empty space betwen our posts and our signatures?

:lol: Make your posts LONGER silly. ;)

Seriously, glad you all like it. We will be working on it again lat this afternoon. The upgrade is not complete, more features are coming. This site is no longer just a VBulletin forum, it will have a full blown CMS (content management system). The articles feature is installed and I will be adding a help post soon so everyone can see how it works. I am going to tweak the categories today. Any suggestions are welcome!!! Also we will be adding Blogs. You will have (once added) the ability to create your very own blogs. Both blogs and articles are heavily SEO'ed and this is a very good thing for your business. Our site ranks VERY well.

What else is coming?

• CHAT. We are adding back the much requested chat.
  • BLOG - everyone gets a blog

What's missing:

• Arcade - until the 4.0 version is updated
  • Gallery - until the 4.0 version is updated
  • Bulletin - you'll miss your weekly bulletin until this gets updated to 4.0
  • Link Directory - until the 4.0 version is updated

Are there any other surprises?

• MAYBE...but if we told you about them, they would not be surprises!

Enjoy!

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod

Beth,

One useful feature that appears to be lacking is the old "View previous day's posts" or something to that effect. If I recall correctly, I believe it was under the "Quick links" section of the main menu.

Hi Rick,

Since 4.0 is so new (its about a week old so we are really on the bleeding edge here) not all of the modifications an dhacks have been upgraded to be compatible. As they become compatible, they will be added back. Thank you for letting us know how much you liked that feature, that is EXACTLY what we need to know. Speak up people...pretty please!! :sunshine:

Beth :cup: :groovy3:

Thanks! We have taken TGS to the next level by adding a CMS. This new Content Management System has huge potential for our users.... Our users are made of both contractors and vendors here. This means that both contractors and vendors have the opportunity to create Articles and Blogs. Our site is heavily indexed by the search engines which means that this new content will be too. Our visitor numbers are HUGE. Many members have gotten work from being here. Adding Articles and Blogs is one more way to promote your business and to be found by others who need your products or services.

Here is how to create an Article.... http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/club-house/18692-new-article-feature-coming-soon-4-0-a.html

To add a Blog just click the BLOG button in the navigation bar and create your own blog post.

Enjoy!

Beth