Sign in to follow this  
JOgden

Two Gmail invites...

Question

23 answers to this question

Matthew,

Click on the link in the first post. That will explain what you want to know. This is a new program for Google and is very new.

James,

I actually use adelphia as my mail server, and only asked about yahoo as I was curious. I may be interested one day, but for now say give them to someone that can really benefit from it. I do not get much mail anyway.

If they all block gmail then that is called DISCRIMINATION.

And it sounds like this company says we will not work with any of the big boys so if you want to use us kick them off.

I'll stick with Eartlink as my main ISP and mail and Yahoo for secondary backup mail.

Who wants to store forever all your old email, sounds silly to me.

I save the ones that have interest to me and delete all others.

So other then that what is so special about gmail?

They will store a gigabyte of my e-mail on their server. I'm not sure of the value of MY mail in THIER server forever. Fully searchable by me and who else?

gmail is a new email system for google,who by the way is offering a free 1 gig acount to ANYONE who is interested.

also they are releasing an ipo stock offering which will be one of the largest for a us company in the amount of 3 billion wich is $108-$135 a share claimed by many to be a cash out ploy for the execs.

Why are Beth and Rod letting google jump in here with this message? I hope others dont follow. Before you know it there could be tons of this trash filling this site. I hope not, you guys have a good thing going here, ( better then the others) keep up the good work Beth & ROD you guys are a great asset.

I don't believe the person offering these invites is a Google rep. He's posted here before on various issues. It is funny to have an invite to access Google's webmail experiment but not make it available to those with webmail only (the ones who'd be best served by it). I already have an ISP based email account, and a lot more than a gig of space to store my messages. Why do I need google to store my mail?

It isn't available to just anyone...they're only allowing those who've been invited to test it out.

As for this board being "better than the others", everyone has their preferences. I don't think any particular board is "better". It is all in what you're looking for.

Why are Beth and Rod letting google jump in here with this message? I hope others dont follow. Before you know it there could be tons of this trash filling this site. I hope not, you guys have a good thing going here, ( better then the others) keep up the good work Beth & ROD you guys are a great asset.

Don,

Nobody is letting Google jump in here and peddle their wares. The person offering the email is our board tech administrator.

JOgden's name is James and he keeps a watchful techie eye out for us, and lets us know of tools and things we need. If he suggests it, he has good reason, and I would ask for more details.

Beth

Don go to the blackboard and write 100 times James I a nice techie, James is a nice techie.

Then you shall be forgiven.