Sign in to follow this  
mrclean1

Kroger Stores

Question

21 answers to this question

Mr Clean click on Settings on the top of the page and on then on the left hand setting click "edit signature". Name, company and contact information helps other members identify you and know who they are talking with.

Any body out there doing flat work for the Kroger grocery stores? Sidewalks,windows etc. Need info on what to charge. Thanks in advance.

If you know what your expenses are, you will know what to charge. Besides, if you asked what I charge, I would refuse to tell you until you had credibility with me.

MrClean If I knew I would tell you. Ive got to do the same bid for the stores here. Bottom line is theyll have to pay what I want to make or I wont do it..... but I would like to have an idea of what theyve been going for. If anyone knows anything about it Id appreciate the help. Pm or email if you want.

Thanks!

It's a service company trying to put a bid together to get all the Kroger stores.

They called me today. I don't even have any Krogers in my town.

Last month it was a company trying to put a bid together for all the (deleted) pharmacies. They didn't have the contract yet, they were just looking for numbers to put a proposal together.

Thanks Thad.

Mike, some guys on these boards dont like newbies coming in and demanding answers without putting in some time and effort for it first...... Get used to it and try not to take it personal. They just dont know us. Douglas is right knowing our own costs BUT that doesnt mean I wouldnt mind knowing what theyve been going for!

Not like theyre going to dish out a few hundred bucks an hour but you never know something till you learn it.

We recieved the "RFI" (request for information) from the Kroger home office, we submitted the figures for over 600 plus stores in several states so I am sure the company is looking of subs just like we will be doing if we are awarded the contract, however I am sure I am probably to high! haha

Rick what is your problem.

My problem? Well, let's see. I couldn't find the keys to the truck this morning which made me late for the first job. Then the toggle switch on my deck sprayer broke at about 1:30 pm. I think that's it. Why, do you know of a problem that I'm not aware of?

Yeah but it was a simple break, just the toggle switch. It isn't a waterproof switch and it's mounted in just the wrong spot, right where you're apt to get liquids splashed on it. The wiring to the switch wasn't very impressive either with exposed butt connectioners for the power supply. I just put a waterproof switch in, routed the wires in a better location, sodered and used heat-shrink tube for the connections. It was an easy fix but it could have been avoided if the right material was used in the first place. I also rerouted the pressure hose and zip tied it because it would get caught up in the wheels each time I moved it. Other than that I love it, it's a great machine.

Glad it worked out ok for you.

I know you just got it and haven't been using it that long.

Got to expect little crap like that I guess.

I have re-routed a few lines and wires on the deckster as well.

Improvements in my opinion.

Glad it is still working out for you.

you got that call too I see. Just to inform everyone, there are bids out for Walgreens in the southern region (unsure if its the entire company) but they are looking at going with a service company. I get calls now monthly from a new one and once they inform me of who they are I tell them I don't support their method of cheap prices and payment plans. I don't mind financing my customers for 30 days or 60 if needed on service however I am not going to finance the middle man.

A service company called for a bid on the Walgreens for windows.

Just a little digging and a few pointed questions revealed that *they* were bidding on Walgreens and wanted someone to do the legwork and figure out pricing. They were trying to get ALL maintenance- washing, landscaping, etc.

My problem? Well, let's see. I couldn't find the keys to the truck this morning which made me late for the first job. Then the toggle switch on my deck sprayer broke at about 1:30 pm. I think that's it. Why, do you know of a problem that I'm not aware of?

Rick, next time you break a toggle switch, get a latching push buttom switch. They do not stick out so far and will not get broken off. When you find one, let me know. I need one for my Sprinter. NAPA no longer has them for sale.

A service company called for a bid on the Walgreens for windows.

Just a little digging and a few pointed questions revealed that *they* were bidding on Walgreens and wanted someone to do the legwork and figure out pricing. They were trying to get ALL maintenance- washing, landscaping, etc.

While were at this this region of Walmart signed a contract that places a maintenance company in charge of everything ourside the building. Washing, striping, parking lots, retention ponds, and so on. It will be in effect soon and one local contractor will have to eat that reclaim unit he purchased and doesn't use for those stores. They will go to a low bidder at cheap rates and no reclaim will be used on Walmart around here anymore