Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

150 ft of pain.

Question

The Dr. said 4 months. I strongly, and stubbornly disagreed, and said 2 months before I get back to work.

So I stripped and prepped a 150 ft. of fence this morning ( a small one by anyone's standard). Feeling really eager to just get back to work, I took this baby on. It came out great, even super. I didn't feel an ounce of pain during the process. ( well, except for rolling the hose reels). I thought I was free and clear.

I have faithfully been doing the physical therapy at home and at the clinic, daily. Well, I take a few short breaks here and there to ride the vicodin wave on my mental surfboard. But for the most part, I have been ahead of the curve.

Here it is not 4 hours after starting this project I can't seem to lift my arm over my head AGAIN.

AAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I am very tired and sad to be giving away or subbing out all of my work since DEC.

IT SUX!!!!!!!

Therefore, I thought I was ready to get back at it. Live and learn.

I am going back to see the Dr. in the a.m. for xrays and him to slap me around a bit and tell me what a punk I am.

That is only if there is anything left of me when my wife finds out.

Geez what an idiot.

Feel free to agree with me on this one.

Stir crazy, I tell ya, I'm going stir crazy trying to get better.

I hate myself.

I wanna work so bad I can taste it.

Even xbox is no fun anymore. I wanna work. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

12 answers to this question

You can't push through shoulder surgery recouping . You will screw it up and the operation or make it take longer to heel. I've I had 10 surgeries and know a bit about recouping.

Sounds like it Jim.

I can't believe you have gone through this 10 times man.

I can at least say that I know what you went through though.

It's just driving me crazy not working though.

So now that I am half way through this fence project, I have no choice but to finish it this week regardless of directives, because I can't leave this customer hanging.

I hope it'll be ok since I only have the spraying left.

I mean I won't have to hook up the trailer and pull a buttload of hose and reel it up.

I will take it as easy as possible, but I have to get this finished for the customer.

I also have a deck resto scheduled as well this week. I don't know how I am going to dance my way out of this one.

Can't drive or work on the pain meds, and there's no way I am going to sub this project out. I want this one bad.

10 surgeries, man Jim, you must be 90% bionic by now.

Much much much respect and hats off to you.

You are my new hero, because I know the pain man, and it ain't no fun at all.

heh heh I am stupid I know.... I just want to get back at it Mr. Stone. That's all. Chomping at the bit and am paying the price now.

Not everyone is made of steele like you. That's what makes you so hard headed though.

Adrian,

Maybe you should take this time to invent / design another tool for deck restoration. The Breeze brush is a really cool idea.

By the way, I just had my 5th eye surgery last week. ( all aftermath from lasik )

But, my surgeries are nothing compared to yours.

Take care of your self.

Adrian,

Maybe you should take this time to invent / design another tool for deck restoration. The Breeze brush is a really cool idea.

By the way, I just had my 5th eye surgery last week. ( all aftermath from lasik )

But, my surgeries are nothing compared to yours.

Take care of your self.

The Breeze Breaker is on the way David.......

more later, and it is going to be a freebie for everyone that restores wood.

Not really worth marketing or the investment of a patent and trademark.

So I am giving away the plans for free....

I feel for you, I have been lucky no real injuries to keep me from working. I would go stir crazy too.

I was already crazy. but, being stir crazy is much worse.

Stay lucky Paul, this has been no carnival ride, I promise.

Don't go there.......

2 months more eh?

Work on the development side of you business man.

Work on making spreadsheets for estimating, advertising campaigns, employee handbook, training vids if you got the footage.

Its what I would be doing if I had 2 months free time to recoup. Low impact and highly productive.

Rod!~

Behave yourself. Just think how bad it would be if you do too much too soon and lengthen your recovery time?

Beth

I was saying the very same thing this morning when i was cleaning a resi, flatwork and fence wash. It took almost 4 hrs today and I am feeling it.

However I got lucky and landed one of the neighbors fence and deck resto in March along with her flatwork.

I can't sit around anymore, but I am going at it all just a bit slower.

Nose to the grindstone man!!!!!! The season is upon us.

2 months more eh?

Work on the development side of you business man.

Work on making spreadsheets for estimating, advertising campaigns, employee handbook, training vids if you got the footage.

Its what I would be doing if I had 2 months free time to recoup. Low impact and highly productive.

Rod!~

Absolutely, I'm definately not flat on my back on that topic.

I have many irons in the fire right now. Always trying to be a better fulcrum for the "Machine".

Like my wife said, it couldn't have happened at a better time than the slow season anyways.

However, I am already back at work as well. Like I should be ( but more cautious).

So this has been time well spent. The work is spaced out in between Physical Terrorism sessions.

I'll be back at it with some cool new "stuff" for the business.

Great points as always Rod and Beth.

Peace.

....... I was just joking about the XBox statement a while back.......

Edited by Adrian
what me "live on xbox" bully the thought.