Sign in to follow this  
john@AEC

Wet vacuum pump-out problems

G'day

I've finally been trying to get my vacuum/filtration system going but keep having problems with the pump-out pump.

The problem is that the pump-out will not always pump out when the vacuum is on, particularly when first started.

I'm thinking that this may be caused by 1; air bubbles in the pump and/or 2; the pump not being powerful enough to overcome the vacuum (but other times it works fine).

Has any-one had this problem before? and found a solution?

Cheers

Thanks Chris & NJ, Jerry certainly has THE gear. I'm just feel awkward taking up a suppliers time when I can't actually purchase from there. I've just bought a higher quality pump "vortex" and will test that next week.

Cheers

John

you will find that my very reasonable prices are structured to keep you focussed on making money cleaning.

We sell our Vacuum WasteTanks with auto-pump-out so inexpensively,

you can't afford to do it yourself.

I really appreciate the respectfull treatment, and honesty..

that is the foundation for a sustainable relationship, for sure.

All that said, If you let me help you, you will find we are VERY good, at keeping your cost down, LongTerm..

the right "info" saves you time.

the right investment saves you money, and does a much more "compelling demo".

Even if you don't buy from me every time I help you,

I still like referrals, just like you do. Eh?

Hey Jerry, John is in Australia. I think he's more afraid of the freight bill than yours. :-)

Thanks Russ, Freight generally isn't too bad for small items, and from the local support Jerry has I'd love to be able to purchase from him, but in this case (electric pump-out) we use 240v which makes supply from your end difficult.

Thanks Jerry, while I haven't spent much time here recently, I, like every-one else, appreciates your honesty and willingness to give of your time simply because you're that type of decent person.

I'll try and get some time this week to collect & test the higher quality pump-out.

Cheers

John

230 volt pump-outs are available !

we trade in Australia, England, Ireland, Samoa, Kuwait, ..

freight is manageable.

Edited by Jerry
sp.

Jerry, after observing the evolution of your brand and systems over the past few years, I have to say I am very impressed with the sirocco concepts, equipment and philosophy.

Keep up the good work.

Well, where did all those months go???????

After experimenting with a better pump I "think" the problem is FOAMING from the degreasers caused by having the vacuum air inlet pointing downwards in to the drum, plus air locks in the rolled up discharge hose.

P1010165.JPG

Original inlet on top of drum (on right) in front of vacuum

I reduced the amount of degreaser and increased the amount of straight Sodium Hydroxide, eventually using only SH. This stopped most of the overflowing/not pumping out.

The next change was to make a horizontal inlet (with 90 degree bend inside for circular motion/filtration), but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Cheers

John

Thanks for the update John.

Did your local shop make the conical bottom on the 55 gallon steel drum?, looks great.

How has the reduction of the degreaser affect the cleanliness of the surface. (Does the degreaser help more with heavily oil/grease surfaces,.. and is not need for maintenance cleaning with less build up of oil/grease)

You could use a deformer that is drawn into the vacuum tank and controlled with a needle valve

Least expensive method (so far) for foam control..

our 15gl SandTrap with a slide-in Filter Screen, placed between the Vacuum WasteTank and the air-mover..

just spray the slide-in filter with defoamer, eliminating "continuous-feed" defoamer costs,

and it controls foam for hours. It also has a large capacity for trapping liquid.

Instead of going through massive quanities of defoamer,

a few squirts on the BIG filter screen, and the liquid dropps to the bottom of the tank !

Yes, a secondary auto-pump-out can also be added.

A system with all the beef, and insurance added.. is the most productive system of all.

John,

The simplest, easiest, beefiest, lowest cost method of achieving LONG-Term-Low-Cost is right here..

We aim to be your favorite suppllier, by being SO good at it,

you just need to clean.

We enable you to do a "compelling demo"..

by design, and 35 years experience in custom systems.

Edited by Jerry
sp.

Jerry, defoaming with the method I described may get expensive fast, I dont even know what the cost is per gallon on defoamer or how much it may require.

Looks like from your post above a little goes a long way, great idea too...

I have heard of another good method, but I am bound by a non disclosure agreement.

Hi Nigel

I had my local welder who has done a lot of work for me (from rebuilding trailers to a bash late/sump guard for the KLR) make the drum - it's great! It catches heaps of solids and is relatively easy to empty.

As for cleanliness without degreaser... I still used Sodium Hydroxide and hot water at 5000psi with the vacuum connected directly to the surface cleaner, so the results are still good. The worst job was a truck maintenance workshop with a layer of slime on the floor - it was slippery to walk on! and it turned out great.

John

John, do you mine sharing a full photo of the drum.

Whats the specs on the vacuum?

and typically how many feet of vac hose you run?

Saw the photos in another thread you started. Thanks I will ask the question there

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/tools-equipment-basic-maintenance/22806-clean-capture-things-ive-learned.html

Edited by 810F250

Did you get the auto pump out working. I was having that same problem and talked to Jerry last night about it. Turns out Im missing a check valve on my system.