Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

An awful needless accident.

Question

I lost a good friend and neighbor this afternoon. I was working in the garage when my wife called out to me and told me that our neighbor's little SUV was in the street backed up to our fence. I walked over to see the rear wheels against the curb and the motor off. I walked over to the passanger side to see my neighbor twisted under car at an impossible angle with her head crushed between the curb and rear tire. Awful, just awful. It happened because she parked the car in the garage but didn't put it in gear (or it slipped out of gear - standard transmission), walked down to get the mail while the car started rolling backwards. I guess she tried to stop the car but was dragged under it and crushed. I'll miss you Jackie, you were a great neighbor and even better friend to us. 36 years old it too young.

5 answers to this question

Life is short,

..as we are reminded every day.

hopefully less traumaticly.

Our prayers begin.. for you and your friend.

I tell my family.. "never skip a hug" for many reasons. ;l

I lost a good friend and neighbor this afternoon. I was working in the garage when my wife called out to me and told me that our neighbor's little SUV was in the street backed up to our fence. I walked over to see the rear wheels against the curb and the motor off. I walked over to the passanger side to see my neighbor twisted under car at an impossible angle with her head crushed between the curb and rear tire. Awful, just awful. It happened because she parked the car in the garage but didn't put it in gear (or it slipped out of gear - standard transmission), walked down to get the mail while the car started rolling backwards. I guess she tried to stop the car but was dragged under it and crushed. I'll miss you Jackie, you were a great neighbor and even better friend to us. 36 years old it too young.

That's terrible, prayers to her loved ones sent.

Ron ********** text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I'll miss you Jackie, you were a great neighbor and even better friend to us. 36 years old it too young.

Rick,

That is an awful tragedy. Hits very hard when it is especially a friend and a close neighbor. My condolences to you and her loved ones. Life can be too short.