Sign in to follow this  
clean streak

post construction cleaning $$

hello I am looking to get into post construction cleanup , just wondering how to price something like this i believe i am going in twice once after framers, and once after drywall should i charge by sq ft of the house or by the hour thanks for any advice

Talk to your supers or proj mgr's and see when they will need you. Many don't want more than a final clean. Budgets vary widely. Ask to bid on the jobs. These guys like it if you follow up with them, they won't chase you. Some pay what it is worth others don't. Also there are different prices for various services.

Beth

Another point to consider is try to meet with the builders even before they break any ground on a new development. Usually post construction agreements are already signed, sealed and delivered right before construction begins or very soon there after.

Sight supervisors do not want to be dealing with clean-up issues right at the begining of a new development. Another angle is to find out mid way through the construction on how well the post construction clean-up is going? Try to get as much feedback as possible. Is the current company meeting all expectations and etc. If not, make a sales pitch to the powers to be as to why your company would not have let something like this happen.

You can also try to get into the post construction stuff AFTER the "Post Construction Cleanup." I've found out here that there aren't too many PW companies that know how to clean up a driveway properly. Many use high pressure and no chems... peel the layer of cream right off the top of the newly poured concrete. I just landed a contract with a builder out here that has two tracts of 4000+ homes built in the last couple of years. They are building other tracts too and would like my services. Get in touch with the customer relations managers and give them a demo, but be ready to put on your best show. Sometimes you may have 10 or more people watching you! :^) What I am doing with this company is handling their service calls on the houses already built.. like paint in driveway from other contractors, oil spills, rust and other contaminants. I washed a house the other day because the lady thought her siding was stained... made it look like new. There's a lot of work to keep you busy in the construction business, but be careful. New construction concrete takes precise dwell times and technique if you're using chems and don't use much pressure. The rest of it is cake!

You can also try to get into the post construction stuff AFTER the "Post Construction Cleanup." I've found out here that there aren't too many PW companies that know how to clean up a driveway properly. Many use high pressure and no chems... peel the layer of cream right off the top of the newly poured concrete. I just landed a contract with a builder out here that has two tracts of 4000+ homes built in the last couple of years. They are building other tracts too and would like my services. Get in touch with the customer relations managers and give them a demo, but be ready to put on your best show. Sometimes you may have 10 or more people watching you! :^) What I am doing with this company is handling their service calls on the houses already built.. like paint in driveway from other contractors, oil spills, rust and other contaminants. I washed a house the other day because the lady thought her siding was stained... made it look like new. There's a lot of work to keep you busy in the construction business, but be careful. New construction concrete takes precise dwell times and technique if you're using chems and don't use much pressure. The rest of it is cake!

Hey Craig. New concrete Im well aware of the precautions, but what chems are you using and whats the main chem in it .

Thanks

JL