• South Central US
    • Northwest US
    • Southwest US
    • Canada
    • Other, List in the thread
    • Mid Atlantic US

Question

:club:

Where in the World are you? Theres no way to see a list of where everyone is from here at TGS. Which makes it kind of hard to find someone near you that you could possible meet up with and maybe talk shop or grab a bite to eat. So I was wondering if anyone who is interested, respond to this thread with your location and see who's around you?

74 answers to this question

Hey Mike, look over in the top right hand corner of each post... It will show where the poster is from. If your in Maryland or want to visit give me a call. I'll also be at the PWNA convention in Ohio this coming March.

I believe Mike is trying to start a thread of members and their locations to provide a one stop look up for pressure washers in a certain area vs. looking through an endless amount of threads to hopfully stumble upon someone in your area.

I believe Mike is trying to start a thread of members and their locations to provide a one stop look up for pressure washers in a certain area vs. looking through an endless amount of threads to hopfully stumble upon someone in your area.

I agree with the above.. So who else besides Grant, Matt and Craig are in So Cal?

I am aware of being able to see where someones from in the post, but some members dont post very often, so I thought a little "roll call" type of thread might be nice so guys could possibly meet someone close by and get together to talk shop sometime. Who knows you might have someone close by that doesnt post that often? :D Just trying to make it easy on everyone.

I've been trying to meet someone in my neck of the woods for a while, but no luck.

Mike

Garner, NC.

Hey Beth would it be possible to make some sort of list that can be viewed by state?

Nice Idea.

I thought of this thread while trying to find someone close by that I might be able to get together with sometime and talk shop or have a cup of coffee, but the only way I saw to see where someone was from was to open all the threads and look in each window which was very time consuming. I thought this "roll call" idea might help myself and others find someone nearby.

BTW, I am just south of Indianapolis.

I agree with the above.. So who else besides Grant, Matt and Craig are in So Cal?

Sheesh Alan don't I count anymore? I am right smack in the middle of Southern Californina.

Walnut, CA.

Beth,

What about stripping out all information and just listing the cities/states with the count of people in those areas? Or just the city/state if the number of contractors might be a detriment to market competition. Excel or a similar program could do this in about 17 seconds. Heck, one might even be able to go so far as to put pinpoints on a map and upload it to the board as an image file....or, if someone wants to get savvy with Flash or java, it can be real time so that each person can put in their location that wishes to be counted, or it can pull automatically from the user list and populate the map! Or, even better, it could see who's online and put up a real time of the locations from where people are visiting.

Whew, where's my ADD medication...I'm getting a little wild here.

Seriously though, if you wanted to strip out the user information and just have a list of cities, perhaps I could put those on a map and upload a JPG file with it. The GPS proggie use can do this with ease.

Ryan

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a hack that will allow me to hide some profile info and leave other info such as location. So far there is not one that will do it. Keep in mind this is php based and the software it must be compatible with is vbulletin in this version, and also they database type is important. I'll keeping looking at the new hack releases.

Beth

p.s. if you want to make something, you are welcome to do it, but you might want check on compatibility before you spend time on it. It would be frustrating to have a great thing not work...

Well, what I was talking about is if you can actually generate a list that's visible on screen, you can copy the entire list into a spreadsheet or even text document, then go through and delete everything but the cities. It doesn't have to be neat, and since you aren't going to keep up with correlated information, you don't have to worry about anything getting truncated in the process. I'm not sure what format you see when it is displayed, but if it is something you can highlight and copy (CTRL-C) to your clipboard, it can be manipulated easily. I know there is a way to get Visual Basic to look into the PHP format, but I'm not sure of the entire method for that as I haven't had to deal with it before. Effectively, all I would need is a list of cities. You could email it to me.

Ryan

Beth,

Heck, one might even be able to go so far as to put pinpoints on a map and upload it to the board as an image file....or, if someone wants to get savvy with Flash or java, it can be real time so that each person can put in their location that wishes to be counted, or it can pull automatically from the user list and populate the map! Or, even better, it could see who's online and put up a real time of the locations from where people are visiting.

Whew, where's my ADD medication...

Ryan

Thats a nice idea also. you could just make the JPG and attach it to a thread and it not even worry about something being compatible.

Another idea and maybe a more simple one for the time being would be to make this a poll, but I guess that would take alot of "choices" to vote on.

Funny thing is I have yet to find someone in my general area, the whole reason I started this thread.

Well, I'm off to fix my gutter before it rains again!