Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

Where is spring?

Question

With night temps down below freezing, I've yet to take the equipment out of warm storage. Days are getting a bit better, but had snow yesterday.

This time last year, we were running full bore with quite a few wood jobs completed. Granted, last year was a warm winter and an early spring. This year, I'm not anticipating even starting the season for another week to 10 days. The groundhog was way off in February!

Aside from the Northeast, how's the rest of the country doing exterior wood weather wise so far this year?

13 answers to this question

Yes Ricky, spring blows this years! Just put off a very large job because of the date I had to have it completed by. To cold to strip . The average temps in April are high of 60 and low of 35. Not to good for restorations and stripping here.

switching to maintenance mode.

Truck was frozen shut yesterday...had to chip my way to the door handle. Last year, I cleaned my first roof in Feb and was slammed dunked by late March.

Toss some more plastic on the bonfire....I need some global warming.

Super cold (for down here) and windy.

This time last year we were in the 90s.

Thad,

Frick, if its cold and windy in Mississippi, what chance do we have in New Jersey? It's the last week in March!

Somebody fix this south bending jet stream.

Shane,

Nice week of weather. Your weather app says "Spring". Mine still says "Dead of Winter".

That's ok. Before you know it, you'll be in the dreaded June - September period. It gets hot and humid here in NJ at times but nothing like Houston!

We are throwing the first ever Pity Party for contractors in New Jersey this weekend. If your in the northeast and want to join us, bring your hats and gloves, plastic for the bon fire and some beer.

This time last year was already rockin' It stil in the 20's every night. This sucks!

Rick, The weather here in Northern California is great. Shorts for work and golf. Perhaps you should join the class action law suit against that damn ground hog in Pa!?!

Jake

Nice day. About 60°F. Last night, a snow warning of the radio, Ladd Canyon chains required. Just because it is 60°F, does not mean it is time to take off the studded tires.

... Perhaps you should join the class action law suit against that damn ground hog in Pa!?! ...

Jake,

An Ohio prosecutor beat me to it. Legal action is in process against that ugly, miserable, deceiving rodent. Hope he smokes when they attach the electrodes.

See: Punxsutawney Phil taking heat for the cold, deals with 'lawsuit' and threats | al.com