Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

When and where do you vacation?

When and where do you vacation? (multipe choice)  

173 members have voted

1. 1. When and where do you vacation? (multipe choice)

• Winter
    • Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall
    • Mountains
    • Beach/tropics
    • overseas (europe, asia, etc)
    • State Parklands
    • Theme Parks
    • Monuments/Museums

Question

I have heard from many people over the years that they vacation in the off season (winter) rather than in the summer due to the nature of our businesses.

I thought it would be fun to see when people go away and where. Are there spots you go and LOVE, that you highly suggest to others? Where are they and what do they offer vacationers?

Beth :airplane: :sunshine: :island: :bandplay: :dancing: :golf: :martini: :fishing: :cheers:

55 answers to this question

It looks like you all had a good time. We took my kids on a cruise last year just before thanksgiving and they had the time of their lives... Snorkeling was awesome!

Where did you guys go and where did you depart from?

Put some photos up pleeeeaaaaasse! :)

We sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, of Jewel of the Seas, which is Royal Caribbean. We went to Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Cayman. It was a BLAST. I'll pu t up some snorkeling stuff too. We snorkeled at Stingray City in Grand Cayman. We did some snorkeling at Cozumel too, but there was no comparison.

We did our week in June in the Smokey Mountains. Had a great time even though Cathy sprained her ankle 20 minutes after getting there. Turned out the ankle was broken and just got out of her cast.

Rode the Harley all through the Mountain roads. Did the Tail of the Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles.

reed

Poor Cathy! Glad you made the best of it and had fun though.

We did the theme park thing over the 4th at Busch Gardens and Water Country. We are heading to the beach at some point for a long weekend, and of course when the Renissance Festival comes to Maryland we'll go to that once or twice. That's always a fun day too.

Beth

We did our week in June in the Smokey Mountains. Had a great time even though Cathy sprained her ankle 20 minutes after getting there. Turned out the ankle was broken and just got out of her cast.

Rode the Harley all through the Mountain roads. Did the Tail of the Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles.

reed

Is that the one up near Knoxville? A friend of mine spent a week up there at a bike rally and told me about a stretch of road like that.

Sorry to hear about the ankle! Glad to hear it's better now.

Anyone taking any summer getaways? Three day weekends?

Beth

We spent three weeks camping up the west coast, from San Diego to northern Washington. Had a great time, but three weeks is just a hair too long to be away from home. We sure were glad to get back. The weather didn't cooperate as much as we'd have liked, but we had a great time.

My wife is currently on this years vacation. I flew home after the weekend to take care of things. I am flying out on Friday afternoon to rejoin my family, and to finish out the vacation. I thought that they were coming home on Friday, but it appears that we are now doing Disneyland, after the beach for the week. I am just along for teh ride, and as driver and ATM.

Scott

Disney east, or west?

Try east if you have not. Universal is right there too....and it's not far from Cape Canaveral. Short drive....

Beth

Disneyland is in So. Cal, Disney World is right here in FL!

Disneyland isn't but a good day's drive from Scott, and now that they've added the California Adventure part of it, it's even better.

Scott: When was the last time you were there? Have you ridden "Soarin'"?? I absolutely LOVE that ride.

and it's not far from Cape Canaveral. Short drive....

Beth

Cape Canaveral is interesting, but IMHO WAY overpriced...but I suppose if you've never been there and you're even minimally interested in our history of space exploration, it is a must.

Have not been to Disneyland, but have been to Disney world. Universal Studios is on our list at some point. (Florida) Of course we have lots of places on our list...time to earn the bucks to go see them.

Beth

p.s. ...when in DC, the air space museum is a must if you are a space buff. For that matter...all the museums in DC are wonderful.

Have not been to Disneyland, but have been to Disney world. Universal Studios is on our list at some point. (Florida) Of course we have lots of places on our list...time to earn the bucks to go see them.

Beth

p.s. ...when in DC, the air space museum is a must if you are a space buff. For that matter...all the museums in DC are wonderful.

I've been to the air/space museum, about 17 years ago. I want to come see the new addition...can't recall the name of it, but it opened a year or two ago. They're supposed to have a Blackbird on display.

Dang, I have been to disneyland three more times since December. My wife bought annual passes last summer. That is okay, as long as I get to relax, and kick back I am good..

We do want to do D-World, but time is running out because our oldest is getting ready to turn 17. We also want to do Hawaii. We'll see.

As for the Air and Space museum, it is well worth the trip, especially to Udvar-Hazey. Absolutely a place to geek out. We (I) really enjoyed it there when we went to DC in 04.

ON a related note, Soaring over California is AWESOME!!! If you get a chance, try the tower of terror. ALso very well done.

ON a related note, Soaring over California is AWESOME!!! If you get a chance, try the tower of terror. ALso very well done.

They also have Soarin' at Epcot in Disney World. It is the same one as they have at the California park. We've been on it many times, and it never gets old. I love the way they make the smells match what you're seeing.

If I had my choice between Hawaii and DW, I'd take DW, especially if it were for a couple weeks. There's a lot more here to see, and if you LOVE theme parks, there's more than just DW. Then there's all the beaches within an hour's drive, and lots more!

I left on January the 12th. Went to Cuba by myself, came back, got my wife and went to the Dominican Republic. Got back and left for British Columbia. Got back from there and left for Mexico.I lived out of a suite case for the seven straight weeks off.

Now I need the weather to warm up so I can get to work to justify how much money I spent.

Normally 4 trips a year, about every three months 7-8 day at a pop. Warm trips between Nov. and April and fishing and camping trips between May and Oct. But then there are those Ice fishing and snowmobiling trips in between. We'll be in So.Cal over Easter and Costa Rica 2nd week of May.

Time to start making more money.

Kathy and i go to Hawaii for fourteen days every year in October. This year we will be heading to the big island of HAWAII. My favorite island thus far is Maui very laid back and FUN!! We also try and go somewhere in the spring, last year we went to Boston/Cape for seven days.

I will be taking a week in Jun and heading to Alaska to visit my son. He leaves for Iraq on July 1st. Hopefully, we can do some serious fishing...

Aaron

I am about to do a run of out of town trips. All are Southern California. The first one is with my sons accelerated learner group. Sea world, etc. I get back Sunday night, work all night, then hook up the trailer and take the family back to San Diego. I fly home for Wed and Thurs for a couple of jobs and then go pick them up and bring them home. Home for 4 days and go back again with my oldest sons Orchestra group. I am hauling the instruments over for them to Disneyland. Just me and my wife, and my son, who will have his own room and be travelling on the bus with the rest of the kids. We are both looking forward to this one.