Do you plow snow?

Do you plow snow?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plow snow?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but am thinking about getting into it
    • We don't get snow in our area

Hello all. I just recently joined the TGS. I like what I see. I look forward to being active on this forum.

I bought a used plow in November for $1500, thought it was a great invsetment. I even hooked up with two contractors that were going to use me as a sub contractor. Unfortunately it has not snowed at all here in Central NJ yet this year. Hopefully the ground hog is right and spring is coming early this year and I can start to work again.

Oh Yeah, we snowplow. Gotta pay the bills in the winter. I really hate the job but the money is great. A good storm is worth 1400 or more a night.

Wow just realized i got over 23 years plowing...still fun to do and its money to easy to pass up. I buy a new truck about every 3 years and plowing more than pays for it. I bet if someone told you they would give you 300 anhour to sit in a truck and drive aroud slideways all night you'd be happy to do it....

I think thats whats most fun about it slidin around...

Don't get that cold wet stuff here in this part of CA, but in another life it was my task to keep a small community clear, a few times each winter...

Wahoo ! That was FUN !

4 - 12ft drifts in an awesome storm, built -up big block in a 1 ton chained all around w a hydraulic plow crossed up going sideways through a hairpin S turn with snow rolling off the plow and over the whole truck blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd and AC/DC on the CD player at 3am. We had abt 60 miles of treacherous mountain roads in the community.

Just a job, but someone had to do it, so all the peoples could drive out to work in a few hours.

All told, what a blast for a kid from the beach!

r

I live just north of NY. If I want to see snow, I have to fly back from one of the islands to see it. My insurance is relatively cheap, but NO plowing. I'm thinking of going snowboarding this year. Haven't been here to see the snow in two years, thanks to the pressure washing business. But then again my golf game sucks. If it's nice enough to play golf, it's nice enough to spray water.

Yup, I plow in the winter. In fact I just shut down powerwashing for the year (but I still gotta do mom's house. Been telling her I'd do it for two years now). Truck and plow goes to the shop next week to get ready for those -10 degree snowing nights.

post-2213-137772227414_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772227419_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772227425_thumb.jpg