Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

leather boots = pruned feet

Bought a pair of waterproof boots from Walmart "Survivors" and for the third day in a row I've come home with wet pruned feet. I didn't expect them to be great quality, but I did expect them to be waterproof as they claimed. Should I go back to my rubber boots or does anyone know of a true waterproof leather boot that actually works.

Georgia Boots makes a boot call Mud Dawgs.They are insulated and heavy but they will keep your feet dry.I have yet to find a leather boot that was water proof the rubber boots are your best bet.

I hate rubber boots as much as I hate wet feet. Are the boots really leaking, or is it your pant legs getting wet and the water running down inside the boot?

I bought those nylon rain pants and make sure that they cover the tongue of the boot. Makes all the difference in the world.

You know what I bought boots from there, and for the past month my feet have become prunnie also and I have not been washing lately. I think that your feet are sweeting. Mine are, my feet stink when I take those boots off and even the first day I wore them. First I was wearing 1 pair of socks and my feet were all wet. Then I tried 2 pair same deal. I even bought 3 pairs of boots to allow them 2 days to dry out but still them would become soggy. I am going to try to find a pair of boots that will let my feet breathe.

No its not from the pant leg running down. Its defenitely coming either through the leather, or through the seems of the sole. This seems to happen especialy when doing roofs, which leaves the boots pretty wet for hours on end. I hate the rubber boots also. I used rubber boots for almost two years and hated every minute of it.

You know what I bought boots from there, and for the past month my feet have become prunnie also and I have not been washing lately. I think that your feet are sweeting. Mine are, my feet stink when I take those boots off and even the first day I wore them. First I was wearing 1 pair of socks and my feet were all wet. Then I tried 2 pair same deal. I even bought 3 pairs of boots to allow them 2 days to dry out but still them would become soggy. I am going to try to find a pair of boots that will let my feet breathe.

I have had that problem also and boy do they stink. I leave them outside as they will sour the whole house if I let them. These are a canvas type material.

On leather I used Mink Oil and it worked very well. Just need to remember to keep putting it on.

I would like to try the fire fighter bunker boots as they are said to be more comfortable, but I am a little hesitant to spend $200. and find I do not like them.

Go to Red Wing Shoes and look at their boots. I use them for shift work at the Refinery through the rain and muddy areas and I have never had pruny feet. The leather is thicker than most and you take them back as often as you want and they oil them free for you. I usually do this every 4 months or when they start to look dry and faded. I also use them for pressure washing and I use low pressure on them to rinse the mud and grease off of them. The only time my feet are wet are on a really hot day when my feet sweat a lot. The boots I use are lace ups. The info on the box says: COMFORTFORCE SUPERSOLE 2.0 . The sole is kind of clear. I am on my feet at the refinery 12 hours per shift and they are pretty comfortable. They usually last about a year before the soles wear unevenly due to the unlevel and odd surfaces I deal with at work. Maybe I walk funny? They are around $130.00 to $170.00 depending on which style you choose. The best seller there is a pull up type boot with a snake engraved into the bottom sole of the boot. There is not a lot of tread on it but it does last a long time. I like lace up boots because the pull up boots make my socks fall down constantly even when the socks are brand new. Hope this helps.

I have wore the same pair of red wings for about a year without any oiling or waterproofing and my feet have stayed completely dry the entire time. They are a little expensive but one of the best pair of boots you can buy.

You can find good snow boots that work wonder in wet conditions. They are leather up top, with laces for tieing, and rubber from the ankle down with no seams. Spray a little scotch guard on the upper leather, put some powder on your feet (this will help keep them dry and "stink free") gold bond works great.. and your in business. :)

I like to just break out the old police boots, havent been in uniform for over 7 years, so I can wreck em now since they are old.....Rocky Eliminators, leather with nylon on the sides...still waterproof after all these years.....a bit expensive, but the most comfy boots ever, and extremely lightweight......

lots of choices at www.galls.com, fire boots there too....

Ditto Scott's idea on the Georgia Boot.. Best leather boots made.

For rubber boots try Muck boots..I have never been a fan of rubber boots becasue they are just too dang uncomfortable. Kill my feet by the end of the day and just hated 'em..

Paid $60.00 for a pair of Muck Boots at Tractor Supply and am awfully glad I did.

Just warm enough for winter work if you wear a good pair of insulated socks (I like Carhart brand, but man they are $8 bucks a pair!) cool enough for summer work becaue the tops are neoprene and you can roll 'em down if you want to.

Cujo

I've had it! today, I am officaly retiring my sponge boots. I'm pretty sure I'm a prime candidate for foot fungus, seeing as how my feet are wet for 10 hours a day.

I appreciate all of the footware input and have decided to replace my Walmart brand "Survivors" with Georgia Mud Boots. Tommorow I plan to take my stinky, wet, used, fungus infested, Supposed Waterproof, Survivours back to Walmart for a refund.

When I buy a pair of leather boots a put 2 coats of Thompsan's water seal on them.....thats right....thompsans...about the only thing the crap is good for. I put one coat on in the eve. let them dry and put another coat on in the morning using a windex type spray bottle. It really works.

Andy

Originally Posted By Scott Stone

For years I suffered with Leather boots, finally I have found some rubber boots that are both comfortable and functional.

I bought them at Cabela's. I was looking for bunker boots when I found these and took a chance. THey are FANTASTIC>>>

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-results1.jhtml

Well, I've spent a small fortune over the past year trying different leather, and rubber boots and have finally found the best, most comfortable rubber boots. Scott Stone Was right, the pull on rubber boots from Cabela's are absolutely DYNAMITE! They are light wieght, very comfortable (more so than even leather boots, in my opinion), They keep your feet perfecty dry, they are very affordable at $29.00 a pair, they have excellent grip on asphalt roofs and are very form fitting (not clunky or bulky).

Thanks to Scott's recommendations, my feet are as happy as a sissy in an all boys camp. :banana:

Gortex lined boots are the way to go. As long as it's not running down your leg or sweat they are guaranteed for up to a year. I have returned them before because I had wet feet and they filled them up with water to check for leaks. Nothing came out it was sweat even in the winter.

I had a pair on the other day and outside leather was soaked but inside was dry.

Hope that helps.

Dan.