Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Coress Extension Wands

Ken,

I have 24' black fiberglass/aluminum(F/A) pole.It weigh as much as a 36' coress I tried when I visited Steve Rowlett last year.The Coress is a lot more rigid when extended than a regular F/A extention there is only a few inches(4"-6") of flex with a Coress using a 3000 psi machine versus about 16" with a F/A wand using the same machine.I can't speak for durability since we don't own one,but I know a lot of guys that swear by them as their hands down favorite.

I have a 24ft. Coress......Very light and dependable. The locking sections don't get stuck or fall apart like some of the others do. Pricey but worth it if you have enough calls for it.

What are they? What type of weigh savings do they offer over standard extensions? How durable are they? Are there comparable products available? Cane I get them at TGS store?

I bought a Coress wand used last year, very light and easy to use!

I keep hearing about the coress wands, they sound sweet.....I have some kind of 24'...... blue fiberglass thing from higherpower....its not easy trying to put pressure (3000) or above up to 20' or so....hang on--- weeeeeeeeeeeee

Same here and I really don't like to use it unless lots of people are watching! LOL. It looks cool in action but man what a heavy pain in the butt. Last time I used mine I was 50 feet up in a boom and had it extended to 20 feet+. Boy was THAT fun. The Corel is on my wish list, but after two phone calls I still don't have my brochure.

Xjet reduced my need for any extension wand by about 90%. Now I just use it when I need more directed pressure on tough applications like chimney vents. Just a note in case you haven't given that a try yet.

I have worked with Carolinaprowash and had the chance to use thier coress. Beats the hell out of my flimsy, floppy yellow wand. My next extension is a coress. They are also coming out with a wand that extends from 2 feet to 6 feet. Think of the areas you could use that!

Richard

When using the blue (or yellow) 24' fiberglass/aluminum wands, try using a larger tip to reduce the psi at the tip. You can still have enough pressure, but its not quite as hard to control.

I use a 40' Coress (4 - 12' sections) and by using a larger tip, am able to use the low-pressure hose, which adds almost no weight. 40' is great for using the PitchWitch and I can remove 2 sections and I have a 24'.

Has anybody used the Coress for gutter cleaning? If so, how were the results? We get on the roofs and hit the gutters from the top but am rethinking this approach. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Carlos,

There is a gutter attachment offered for the Coress.....we've never personally tried it, but seems like if you're gonna clean them from the ground, that would do the trick unless you really just want to put your hands in those wet, dirty, nasty things :)

Celeste

This attachment would be like a sherpard's hook I would think?

The majority of homes that we do have Spanish Tile on them and in the mornings those rooftops are like stepping into an ice skating rink. I make sure we harness up and everything but cut's down on the # of homes we can do until the sun dries up the roof tops. Single story homes are no problem but it can get interesting when you are on a 2 story and things are slippery as heck.

Part of our power washing package puts us on the roof to "slide" back up the tile that "slides" down...so as you see...there is a whole lot of "slip sliding away" going on :)...this is one of our many upcharges that we get with customers.

We use Extenda wand, the upper end model with the button locks not the snap locks. Its a little heavy but much needed for some applications. We use a belt always for any job that needs the use of the wand for any length of time or its a killer