Sign in to follow this  
John T

A World meeting for all Powerwashers

Question

47 answers to this question

Thats thinking out of the box John. You should be ashamed of your self thinking of such a good thing. Keep it up, I like it. ;)

You have proved once again, your head is in the right place.

Rod~

In order to be neutral in my opinion, this kind of event sould be thrown by the BBS's' with an invite to PWNA to attend. My concern is if this were a PWNA event it would end up as a convention with booth spaces for sale. Maybe it wouldn't, but I think it is time for us to invite them, not the other way around.

Who is for this and who wants to help make it real?

Beth

Who wants to travel to Memphis?! Most (it seems) of us are on the East Coast. Memphis is too far to drive and too expensive to fly. Unless you are an Elvis fan, there's not much to do in Memphis. (Been there!)

An event such as this (and I agree, Not hosted by ANY org.) needs to be someplace neutral and unless its in Las Vegas (cheap airfare and PLENTY to do) or someplace on the East Coast, I don't think enough of us would attend.

I think it's a great idea, if handled correctly. However a more centralized location would be appropriate. Those interested in attending from places other than the east coast shouldn't be expected to fork out 2-3 times the travel costs of others to attend simply because it's convenient to a few. Just my .02

Once we have a list of cities, we can make a poll and let people vote.

Atlantic City, NJ

Orlando, FL

Williamsburg, VA

Chicago, Il

New Orleans, LA

Las Vegas, NV

Reno, NV

San Franciso, CA

Los Angeles, CA

San Diego, Ca

Tampa, FL

Key West, FL

Any popular beach town....

Next! Keep 'em coming!

Chicago has lots of conventions, lots of different options, we have MANY ins with hotels and convention/banquet halls etc near O'Hare... airfare is reasonable from anywhere as its the busiest airport in the country, for those that never been here there is a lot to do for the families, museums etc....... but it is an expensive city..... so we vote for VEGAS..lol

A meeting on neutral ground sounds like a great idea. As far as the location ~ Vegas is a good place to meet :) or someplace centrally located. Atlanta is good and in the middle.

I may have to second Atlanta.......good flights from about anywhere, not a bad drive from many others, lots to do :)

Is there anything fun to do somewhere in Texas? I wouldn't mind crossing the Mississippi too much either :)

Vegas would be a'ight I suppose - lived there for 5 years, never anticipated going back once I escaped!

How about Lake Tahoe??????

Celeste

Looking at the various locations being posted, it looks like it may have to be centrally located to be fair to those who may be on either coast. My suggestion is somewhere in the heartland...

Rod~

Some meetings...some vacation time...

I also like the idea of having as much as possible paid by booth space. For that to work, we would need to know how much per person it would cost, and how many vendors we could expect to get, and how many people we could expect to attend.

My hunch is it would help defray the cost substantially, but at first go I don't know that it would pay for all of it. It's certainly worth looking into if this happens though.

Beth