Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

deck and dock on intercoastal

Question

finished these this week. used f-18 to strip and oxalic to brighten. Flood Spa-n-deck, chestnut. I had a real hard time keeping the wood damp for the first coat. I did get to use my new airless. I did the 1st coat on the dock with a pumpup sprayer. took way to long, so I brought in the airless. man what a time saver.

10 answers to this question

'Dont ask dont tell', thats a great policy. I didnt keep it out, fortunately there is little if no enforcement here.

this is my first experience with acrylic. Well see how it lasts

'Dont ask dont tell', thats a great policy. I didnt keep it out, fortunately there is little if no enforcement here.

this is my first experience with acrylic. Well see how it lasts

\

Ain't Florida great!

If the 2 month red tide outbreak hasnt killed them, the stripper wont. I did see a dolphin floating belly up about 10 feet away. I took my extension wand and pushed him out farther so no one would blame me.

Just kidding folks.

If I got caught doing that on the Chesapeake bay it would probably be a $10,000 fine, a month in jail, and 1000 hrs of community service. That's a joking exaggeration, but it would be severe. I wouldn't do it anyway because I respect the environment here. The bay is already beyond repair.

I've only had one customer ever call me about cleaning and sealing a dock, and I turned it down because I couldn't see any reasonable way to restore it without run off into the river. I wasn't worried about the river, the river would be just fine, but I was worried about potential busy body neighbors looking on.