Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Lowe

Delco products

Question

I read that there is a good majority of you that use Delco's R109. When using this product is there a real worry about grass and plants against the house, or is it diluted enough to where it won't hurt. I've ordered samples from Safety Short and they have products that are environmentally friendly.

Using these environmentally safe products are you taking away from the actual cleaning process.

Do I need to contact someone in my area to see if I can use R109? What would be a good cleaner to keep with me all the time.

14 answers to this question

Just my 2 cents but be very careful with all products, even those that are environmentally safe,...misused these products can still kill plants and grass.I am not familiar with R109 but I just wanted to speak about environmentally safe products.Yes I would rather use products that will make the job easier and just take the necessary precautions to avoid a problem with vegetation.Environmentally safe and biodegradable products can be a little misleading.

I use R-109 and R-202 on a daily basis. You do not need to worry about plants. R-109 and 202 are with me ALL the time. You can mix them to whatever application you desire in many different strengths. I use them for truck washing, concrete cleaning (great for tire marks), house washing, interior restaurant floor cleaning and everything in between. I use 109 more than 202 for just about everything though, because 202 is such a strong degreaser. You'll need 202 for bad oil stains and dumpster pads but 109 for everything else.

I use Citracleen in my house wash mix, on concrete it works great. On some (not all) houses it works so well that I don't have to scrub the gutters. It's also enviromentally frendly.....give Steve a call.....

I use R-109 and R-202 on a daily basis. You do not need to worry about plants. R-109 and 202 are with me ALL the time. You can mix them to whatever application you desire in many different strengths. I use them for truck washing, concrete cleaning (great for tire marks), house washing, interior restaurant floor cleaning and everything in between. I use 109 more than 202 for just about everything though, because 202 is such a strong degreaser. You'll need 202 for bad oil stains and dumpster pads but 109 for everything else.

Craig,

Please help! I'm going to be washing shingled roofs, is it safe to mix R109 with pool clorine? If yes, how would you % mix these two to get strong enough mixture to downstream onto a bad molded roof. Or would you use a pump sprayer to apply to the roof ?

I thought about getting R109 to carrying to use all around, how good does it work on vinyl siding and cars?

Thank you!

GOD Bless!

Dana, Gator Cleaning

You need to look at the MSDS sheets for the products, look at the active ingredients, and run them through this tool. Mixing chems can be highly dangerous. http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3825&highlight=chemical+reactivity

Download the chemical reactivity worksheet. Be safe.

Beth

Craig,

Please help! I'm going to be washing shingled roofs, is it safe to mix R109 with pool clorine? If yes, how would you % mix these two to get strong enough mixture to downstream onto a bad molded roof. Or would you use a pump sprayer to apply to the roof ?

I thought about getting R109 to carrying to use all around, how good does it work on vinyl siding and cars?

Thank you!

GOD Bless!

Dana, Gator Cleaning

Yes, you can mix R109 with pool chlorine, I did it plenty of times myself before I found better soaps. You can also look on Delco's website

http://www.dcs1.com/del/chemguid.html

Craig,

I believe Mike is referring to the RPC line of chemicals sold by Steve Rowlett.

http://www.rowlettpressure.com/cleaners/

Yep, that'd be the one...Citracleen is the soap I use, and am very happy with the performance. There are several other additives that Steve carries that I like, such as the wet wax, foamer, and the rinse aid (great for spot-free windows). The only other chemical he has that I've used is the concrete cleaner, and that works great too.