Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

I'm a winner!

Question

I just thought I would share this just because I never seem to win anything. My finace and I are in the process of looking to buy our first home, so we've been out looking at houses. Well, I went to an open house last weekend being sold by Prudential Realty, where I entered a contest they are running, of course not thinking I would actually win. They called me yesterday a told me I had won! So the deal is I win 2 tickets to the Jaguars/Bangels game this Sunday night, and while I'm there, I have to meet with some guy who handles corporate sponsor events for the Jaguars. At the begining of the game I will get to go down on the field to the sidelines for the coin toss, at which they will say my name, and show me on the jumbotron. If the Jaguars win the toss, and opt to recieve the ball first, I will then stay on the sidelines for the kickoff. If they (by some slim chance) happen to return the kickoff for a touchdown, then I will win 50,000 towards the purchase of a new home. If they loss the coin toss, then I will go back down to the sidelines in the begining of the second half, to (hopefully) see them return the kickoff then for the opportunity to win the prize mentioned above. Isn't that cool! I know the chances are very slim, but worst case scenerio, I still went to the game and had great experience being able to go down to the sidelines. I'm thinking of whereing a shirt with the my company name on it in big letters!

19 answers to this question

Wear your logo shirt and talk try and talk to the upper-ups about landing a contract with the stadium if it is near your area.

Congrats! Our new home is sucking the life out of us. If I had only sat down to consider the costs of a new home I would have bought used without hesitation! That $50k will certainly be useful.

Hey, good luck Lance,I'm pulling for you.:groovy: The chances may be slim, but what a good time anyway. I'm with you in spirit since I just got married in August after buying a new place together in June. You've got a plateful, I wish you the best luck all the way around.:lgbounces

Lance,

If by some chance you could land the job cleaning at the stadium,remember Jacksonville is my hometown.I can always use an excuse to go visit my dad and make some $$$$.

Ryan the stadium is about a 40 minute drive(more if traffic is really bad) from Lance.

Good Luck Lance.

Good luck lance. You won the ticket, now win some $$$$$. This might just be the beginning of a lucky streak for you. Milk it while it last'.

Have fun at the game. Very cool

Adrian

Thanks everyone, I think this is going to be a good time either way. I just picked up the tickets this afternoon and got the information. I also found out that my guest (fiancee') and I not only get to go down to the sidelines for the coin toss and the kickoff, but get to hang around down there during all the warm ups. I plan to take some pictures and get some autographs.

Also, tell Matt Jones hello for my mother, she's a big fan.

I'll do that if I get to meet him.

Wear your logo shirt and talk try and talk to the upper-ups about landing a contract with the stadium if it is near your area.

No chance there. To big of job for a little company like mine. There's a big outfit in town that has all the big contracts in town, Alltel stadium, Walmart etc.

Good luck lance. You won the ticket, now win some $$$. This might just be the beginning of a lucky streak for you. Milk it while it last'.

Have fun at the game. Very cool

I was thinking the same thing. Just like with bad luck, good things always seem to come in waves. I went down this afternoon and bought a lotto ticket for tonights drawing (which I may do once a year at best) to see if I can squeeze out a little more luck.

Hey, just put $25k with the bookies on the notion that they won't get that first touchdown. Then, either way you get $25k!

LOL!! On the surface that sounds great, but of course the odds are so stacked against a return for a touchdown vs. not, that you would have to put down a couple of million just to get a $25,000 pay out.

Very Cool Lance. I hope Wimbush comes through for you. Sunday Night games means it's going to be broadcast. I wonder if we'll get to see you. I'd tell you to carry in a pressure wand so we know it's you but then again you might get shot for someone mistaking it for a rifle.

I'm rootin' for ya man!

Hey Lance I just picked up Jacksonvilles defense and special teams for my fantasy football league... a little bird told me they're gonna return a kickoff for a touchdown and that's big points for me... Bigger prize for you but we'll both be winners...

I was watching the game and the Jaguars scored a touchdown on the kickoff return in the second half. Looks like he's in the $$$.

Congrats,

Doug

They did? I didn't get to see the game, but I couldn't find that stat in any of the recaps.

I didn't see them run the 2nd half kickoff back for a T.D.The Jags scored on their first drive but it was a pass not the first kick return.

I have the NFL Sun ticket so my remote is quite busy watching sometimes 13 NFL games! :cool:

Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to pay for my future home the old fashioned way, with a lot of sweat, blood and tears. :lgsad:

We really did have A LOT of fun though. Took a bunch of pictures (allthough, most of them probably look the same). Once I have a chance to go through the pictures I'll post some of the good ones.