Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

New House?

Question

This is the basic plan for my new house, if the bank says OK. We aare addin a little more sq ft to living rm & kitchen, about a foot wider on the master bedroom and a little longer , the sitting area will be walled off for my office. The bonus room instead of 2 skinny window dormers its going to be one wide dormer

adding to the back left side of house 900sq ft full in law suite, for my Mother. I have the lot 2/3 acre on cul de sac. Working with a great builder and hope to sign before the new year to have him start building early 2006. Abit pricey, but i guess a lot less than up north. Everything is going up in price around here . In my new neighborhood the lots sold for 60K all are reselling now for over 100K, 10 months later, I wish I bought a few. OH well

About 3250 sq ft plus garage. Going to have to PW alot of driveways to pay for this, lol

Wish me luck! We're getting excited

JL

81 answers to this question

"Was that wrong?"

"Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon . . ."

John T. I know exactly how hard you work on your main job! I think they should put in an excercise machine to keep you busy during the slow periods. :lgsideway

Taxes, funny thing about them, why if a house cost less are the taxes more and when a house cost more the taxes are less?

Our new home in So. CA would probably cost and this is a pretty educated guess since we looked at every home builder there but would cost one million plus and the taxed would be less.

Insurance here is less both car and home, car licenses are half and for two years, drivers licenses are almost free and good for 4 or 8 years, our choice not the state.

Now back to JEFF, have fun choosing tile floor, carpets, style of cabinets and all other things. Just don't let the wife top you on everything, just somethings!

Met with the builder again yesterday , we are getting excited now. Have a couple things included that I wasnt sure were in the original price, some nice stuff, like Tile shower & a nice whirlpool tub, tray ceiling in master bdrm. More attic space than i thought which always helps. In the kitchen we moved a few things around so we can get a 5 foot wide pantry instead of a 2 foot one, plus we have a small broom closet attached. Gained a closet under the stairs and some storage. A few other nice touches also, some little stuff that makes the house a nice home.

My moms side she's real happy with also, she gained a couple closets and her mst walkin closet got a few ft longer, her mast bedroom is a little bigger than in her present house and the living room also. It will be a big change for her going from a big 3 bedroom to a 1 bedroom, but since my dad died her present house is to big & lonely, so she/we are excited to have her under the same roof. Its also nice her part of the house is a whole house and seperate from main house , including full kitchen, full big living room & bedroom, nice bathroom with full size washer & dryer. Plus her shower is a HP accessable and all her doors are HP accessable nice & wide. If she should ever need to be in a wheel chair

Still alot to do, getting our houses ready for sale and getting all the papers signed, got the bank loan at a real good rate, got to get the lot cleared. Its going to be a hectic 2006, selling 2 homes, building house, baby on the way, moving and running a busy business. What am I going to do!!!! I cant complain LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

JL:lgsideway

Real happy for ya Jeff. Sounds exciting and very stressful all at the same time, but look at this way, after the experience of juggling all these things at the same time, everything after that will seem like a cake walk.

WHAT WAS I THINKING? Closing on the construction loan today, met with builders construction super. yesterday. Now the past 2 day been clearing out my garage & attic putting stuff in storage.

Im going to go frickin nuts, how do you perfectly organized people do it?

Have to clear out my house of all the clutter so I can paint it and get it on the market, been up since 1 am clearing out office slash/ storage/junk room, packing 3/4's of my sons toys away. Cant pack away any of his old baby stuff, toys, clothes, crib, high chair etc because the new baby is on its way right about when we'll have to move into the new house

Sorting out stuff for our big yard sale we are going to have within about a month. Selling clothes that my wife & I will never fit in again

Construction Super tells me today to pick out style brick, front door, cabinets, tile carpet all with in next week or few and so much more

Meeting with realtors oh fun

Got to get mulch for yard and add a bush or 2

Got to go over and help Mom with packing away stuff for storage and yard sale

getting my guys out working & helping me, have couple big jobs to prep for

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH #'%*@+!) WHAT WAS I THINKING:lgsad: :clock:

SORRY EVERYBODY JUST VENTING, THANKS

Life is........Good

See ya, got to bring some more stuff to the garage to take to storage 4:05AM got to take a nap before I got to get up and Get-er-done

Goodnight/Good morning/what ever it is

I sure wish I was one of those multi-tasking pro's

Jeff:lgsideway

Started clearing the lot today YAY!!!!! should be done in a few days YAY!!!

Getting excited, i wish I could post the plan its going to real nice and the mother in law suite is great also

Jeff

Lot clearing is almost done they just have to addabout 20 truck loads of dirt

1st pic, my lots down the end of the cul de sac behind the trucks, Im happy I went with the cul de sac lot so my kids can play without hardly any traffic

2nd pic clearing day YAY!!!!!!!!

should start building in a month YAY!!!!!!!

Pretty happy about it all, Had realtors over to list our houses for sale, bought mine 3+ years ago and is listing for 65K more than I bought it for and we should get it

Cant wait to get in the Kings new palace LOL

JL

Breaking Ground just started laying block for foundation YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd pic is of Joshua & his Lincoln Logs. Every night for 2 months I have to sit with him and help him build a castle for mommy. I'm going to have him build our next house. Joshua's great and getting so darn big, he's not a baby anymore. He's going to love the bonus room/playroom

Finally got the trusses in and started framing last week,They had some trouble at the truss company, very complicated trusses, Its going to be a nightmare roof to clean if I ever have to clean it. Maybe I'll call one of you all to clean it LOL

Thats Mommy & Josh, we might be calling the new Baby, Jessica its a kind of common name now, but we both like it

We are really getting excited.:lgbounces

My house gets listed this week

JL

Its looking better everyday, except when I checked out the inlaw and the living room/kitchen had trusses up and it was a 9 ft ceiling, It was suppose to be a cathedral ceiling. They already took it down & ordered new trusses.

We all cant wait to get in the new place

I'm telling you Im going to hire someone to clean this roof, it looks like a haunted house

The house is coming along, its looking great.

We've had some hassles most have been worked out, but I understand now when Ive heard other people say they would never go through having a house built. It can be a PITA sometimes, the builder has screwed up somethings and has fixed most stuff some I had to fight for. All in all we are happy with the actual construction. Im glad I can get to the new house everyday and check things out.

We had a big fight they screwed up my vaulted ceiling in my living rm because the hip roof came in the middle of the vaulted ceiling it doesnt look bad but its not what we wanted

The in law section they put up trusses for a 9 foot ceiling. It was suppose to be a cathedral ceiling. The design guy admitted he screwed up and they took all those trusses out and put in new with a cathedral ceiling, looks great now, but a hassle

They had no house bibs on the pla the plumber told me and we placed 3 bibs in.

the 2 front entrances Im battling, they were suppose to add a peaked overhang at my mothers side and theres nothing except the foot wide soffit. The framers said nothing on plan, the design guy said they will figure it out and the main house they put this little overhang roof it was to be bigger, after 2 weeks of crap they just made it a little bigger and we have that settled. The way they have both entrances the rain would of run right on our heads even with gutters if the rain was heavy we would be getting wet.

The brick is done, we did Hampton which is a dark red brick with distress marks in it and we did black mortar.

the rest of the house is white vinyl and that is also completed , bit have to have them come back they hacked up the aluminium trim HACKED

I've had so many problems with the construction super. that I called the owner and said i cant deal with him anymore, he's ordered stuff that was wrong all over the place . He had all the doors delivered with brass hainges and we told him silve/brushed nickel throughout the house, he had down white shutters , WHITE shutters on white vinyl, he's nuts we had told him black, the the painter was in for a day and I asked the painter what type/brand of paint he uses we still need to pick out a color for a room. The painter said they told him to paint everything bone white. WHAT THE -----. We gave them 3 colors with list of room. This all happened in one day. So now I go thru a lady and she takes all notes and does memo to super and me. They are changing all the hinges and we had 3 meeting this week listing everything from this point on. I feel better now with this lady taking charge. My stress level has gone down a lot

The trim guy is in the house now hanging all the doors and doing all the trim and he is doing a great job. real clean work yay!! Plus the construction super ordered the wrong trim we priced the house with 4 1/2 inch base board he ordered 5 1/2 which is great and no extra money. The guy is either real busy or stupid I think both

The house is coming together nice even with all the hassles. I go out there every day and just look.

I look back and not to long ago I was a crazy nut and the then new millenium came 2000 and my life has been so great and now I have a great wife and family with another baby on the way, A business thats going great and a house we are all going to love. I'll have my mother living in the in law and will be able to look after her also

OH ya sold my house too, got great money for it. we close Aug 10, which is alos my wifes due date. Whats even better we can stay in our old house until our new house is built. The buyer is from NY and wont be moving in until 2007

We are all getting very excited!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD

Wow that is some House!!

In Long Island NY that house would be over a Million dollars easy and cost about $20,000-$30,000 a year in taxes.

How much land is that House on??

Wow that is some House!!

In Long Island NY that house would be over a Million dollars easy and cost about $20,000-$30,000 a year in taxes.

How much land is that House on??

Thanks we are getting real excited. Its a triangle cul de sac lot, its just a little over 2/3 acre. Lot price has gone over double since I bought it 15 months ago

taxes for the year will be a little over 2K

taxes for the year will be a little over 2K

Amazing. My taxes this year alone went up almost 2K..If only my wife would let me move then puff I'm gone...of course I wouldn't forget to take my wife and kids:)

Amazing. My taxes this year alone went up almost 2K..If only my wife would let me move then puff I'm gone...of course I wouldn't forget to take my wife and kids:)

Come on down Y'all

My house that I'm selling is 2100 sq ft and the taxes are $985.00. Its nice compared to up north. My homeowners insurance is about the same $$ as my taxes

PWing you don't get the northern rates you all get, but everything here has to be cleaned every 12-24 months and you can do it year round

John whats the word on that big building wash you were bidding on? Good luck

JL

$985? wow, that's good. Taxes just went up in Haverford Township to $6800

I just had an Aunt come down thats going to be retiring. They live in CT and her taxes are about the same as yours. She's looking for a place down here to buy