Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

CHRISTmas greetings

Question

How many of you Send CHRISTMAS cards as opposed to generic cards? or say happy holidays instead of Merry CHRISTmas?

I beleive that most people want to see a CHRISTmas card, and have CHRISTmas wishes upon them as opposed to the generic cards and greetings. The media have blown out of proportion the chance that someone may be offended, so we kowtow and do the PC thing by going overboard with the generic pablum.

Next time someone says 'Happy holidays' give them a resounding 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' youll be surprised how they respond positively.

Merry CHRISTmas to all of you and may you have a prosperous and Blessed new year!!

7 answers to this question

Better yet take a look around at advertising campaigns and holiday tree lightings. they are slowly but surely eliminating CHRISTmas. Target is one of the larger offenders.

Walmart is another.

If you are unhappy with the policies of these companies email or write them.We put the money in their pockets,we can take it away just as quickly by boycotting them if they refuse our requests.

We send CHRISTmas cards.I respect the traditions of other peoples religions,so it doesn't hurt them to respect mine.To date I don't know of one single customer who was offended by our CHRISTmas crads.

Walmart is another.

If you are unhappy with the policies of these companies email or write them.We put the money in their pockets,we can take it away just as quickly by boycotting them if they refuse our requests.

We send CHRISTmas cards.I respect the traditions of other peoples religions,so it doesn't hurt them to respect mine.To date I don't know of one single customer who was offended by our CHRISTmas crads.

My mother actually boycotted Walmart and a few other major department stores this year for this exact reason. She said she won't spend a dime in any store that sells OBVIOUS Christmas related items, but dodges the word Christmas, so as not to offend the 1/2% of their customers that have a problem with it.

Personally, I think it's a shame that we get closer and closer to abandoning morals and accountability. At the same time, if I did not celebrate Christmas, and my faith did not believe in Jesus Christ I wouldn't want somebody spewing "Merry Christmas" at me every ten seconds any more than I would want them smiling and saying "Satan is King". Even if both were said with a smile and good intentions.

In this country it seems like the minority rules. I can't figure that one out.