Sign in to follow this  
steve r

$$$

How much moneys  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much moneys

• Did everyone pass last years gross?
    • Will anyone raise there prices 5% for 2006?
    • What are your goals for 2006?
    • Does anyone plan on adding more employes for 2006?

Steve, your not using the poll options correctly.

I will raise my prices around 5% same as I have every year.

oppps sorry thought i was asking for input from others

I passed last years gross. I am very close to hitting my gross goal for this year but might fall short just a tad.

Yes I will raise my prices. I am rasieing them right now for new clients.

I passed last years gross. I am very close to hitting my gross goal for this year but might fall short just a tad.

Yes I will raise my prices. I am rasieing them right now for new clients.

sounds super.i myself have went way above my gross.ill be in the 6 digit in 2006 .if things go well like i expect.i hope.its hard to go backwards

oppps sorry thought i was asking for input from others

Yes, I'm aware of that, but if you set it up correctly your information will much more accurate. i.e. allowing for multiple selections per voter.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but if you set it up correctly your information will much more accurate. i.e. allowing for multiple selections per voter.
ill get it one day .new to this poll stuff .

I did very well this year. I actually did a little over double of what I did last year. I figured what I did this year would be where I expected to be in the end of2006, so im real siked.

I have many goals for 2006, some are goals i did not do this year, such as organizing my office computer and which has been a major problem for me. I have one of my workers coming in in Jan. to help with all this. He has a great knowledge of computers and we are going to get it together so even I know what thee heck is going on.

Some of my other goals are to get more regular contract work monthly quarterly etc etc work that i can rely on. 2006 I have already 4 months basically booked but i want to have 12 months booked with in the neext couple of years.

I will continue to target Property management companies as always, but want to go after more shopping malls, retail, hotel & office properties.

My future, I would like to be the most respected, largest & profitable PW companies in the area. Along with not having to pick up a wand with in the next 5 to 8 years, 5 years hopefully. So everything I do in 2006 is to work towards that goal

By the end of 2006 Id like to offer my fulltime employees health care.

Like Ive said in the past I never figured Id be where I am now in the PW biz , I started part time in late 2000 and went fulltime in March 2004 and 2005 been amazing. i want to continue to grow and still offer the best quality work in the area and stay one of the most reliable contractors in the area.

Ive joked many times about being The Pressure Washing King of Myrtle Beach in the future. THAT IS MY GOAL

JL

Congrats to all that had a successful year in '05. It is our hope and prayer that '06 will offer many opportunities for all of you!

For those that did not make their numbers this year....don't give up. If this industry was easy...then everybody would be doing it!! Keep the faith, press on and most of all....believe in yourself!!

I pointed that out in another poll thread but it seems to have been missed.

Beth

How do I create and vote in polls?You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

1. Red

2. Blue

3. Yellow

4. Green

5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots

To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

I am relatively new to the forum and only 2 years into the business. I have had solid growth over those years, (Knock on wood it remains). I have read of several methods for cleaning using various detergents etc.

Would anyone mind sharing a bit of what the bottom line brings with respect to profit margin?

Example.... You gross $100,000 for the year after expenses etc your left with $25K.....equals 25% profit margin.

Thanks

I have passed my totals from last year and shown a very very very very modest profit. But the point is that I did better this year than last and know more how to better next year than this year. It's good to be in the black.

Now if I can only refrain from losing my profits to that beautiful Gibson Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" with Bigsby baddass tremolo sytem. Sorry ...slipped off into dreamland.

Yes , I did better this year than last!!!!!

I have passed my totals from last year and shown a very very very very modest profit. But the point is that I did better this year than last and know more how to better next year than this year. It's good to be in the black.

Now if I can only refrain from losing my profits to that beautiful Gibson Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" with Bigsby baddass tremolo sytem. Sorry ...slipped off into dreamland.

Yes , I did better this year than last!!!!!

are you saying gibson less paul is no good no more

I will be finishing out this year with a little over 3 times the profits of last year, but keeping in mind that last year was my first full year in business and profits were fairly marginal. My first "half year" in business I pretty much broke even, which I think is expected and not to shabby for a start up. Next year I'm projecting about a 30%-40% increase in profits compared to this year, but that all depends on how motivated I am, and wether or not I decide to bring on some help.

Thanks for the stats. I have had a similar year(s) between start up and following year and could use some help as new accounts come in. Only so many hours in a day!

What type of advertising are you guys using? Word of mouth, yellow pages, knocking on doors, flyers etc???

Thanks

Thanks for the stats. I have had a similar year(s) between start up and following year and could use some help as new accounts come in. Only so many hours in a day!

What type of advertising are you guys using? Word of mouth, yellow pages, knocking on doors, flyers etc???

Thanks

In my area Yellow Pages works well for us residential & commercial. For residential, I like fliers & postcards mailed to homes and HOA neighborhood newsletters work well & are usually pretty cheap. Commercial I think you have to target the market you want and go after it many different ways, fax fliers, write letters, knock on doors etc. etc. Ive found its alot of work trying to get commercial work at the beginning, but if your persistant and target this kind of work every month or two, the work eventually starts to come.

Good luck to you

JL

I did close to double last year and had a very profitable year, PTL.

I think I am actually going to decrease prices in certain situations to see if i can increase the work load. There are a lot of companies here and many that do a roof cleaning for almost half of what I charge. Even though I get a lot of roof cleaning jobs, Id like to get more of that work. I have already been increasing my price on concrete cleaning by small increments, and am seeing a willingness of the homowners to spend more. So we will see what the new year brings.