Sign in to follow this  
csoldier

House wash mixture

Hi. Writing from N.O., La. Looking for a quality house wash mixture mainly to remove algae, mildew, and road film/carbon deposits. Currently using 12.5% chlorine with citracleen. Looking for other ideas and I respect many of the opinions in this forum. Privately e-mail me if you choose. Things are nasty down here. Thanks!

Mark, N.O., La.

www.rolcleaningservices.com

Hi. Writing from N.O., La. Looking for a quality house wash mixture mainly to remove algae, mildew, and road film/carbon deposits. Currently using 12.5% chlorine with citracleen. Looking for other ideas and I respect many of the opinions in this forum. Privately e-mail me if you choose. Things are nasty down here. Thanks!

Mark, N.O., La.

How are you applying your mix, Xjet Chem inject ? 12.5% & citra should be OK, You just may need to go alot stonger

Good luck down in N.O. Sure you have your hands full, God Bless all of you

Apply chemicals with the x-jet. I was mainly trying to find out if there is a soap that you can add to the chlorine/water mixture without having to mix an entire drum. Citracleen needs to be made up in a drum.

Thanks!

Mark, N.O., La

Mark, N.O., La.

Citracleen can be purchased in smaller quantities (though it is even pricier).

Depends on how much you're using as to whether it is worth it.

I know Delco sells a housewash powder that some rave about that you add to each batch of wash mix. There are others who sell soaps in powdered form that you can do the same with, but I can't attest to whether they work as well.

Ken,

Citracleen in liquid form comes in 5 or 55 gallon drums other than that you have to get a drum kit. It's a multi part mix(part powder,part liquid) so there is no forumla for "by the bucket".

I have been experimenting a car wash soap for several months now that performs very well and only requires about 16oz. per 5 gallons of mix. To date I have been very happy with the results we get.

Citracleen is a great soap but I found in my area I needed to almost double the mix to get satisfactory result.I believe it has something to do with the water around here.

Why does the Citracleen have to be made in a drum? Doesn't Rowlett have a formula for mixing by the bucket? I don't know anything about it, I never used it.

You can buy it in 5 gallon jugs, and I THINK one gallon jugs...or a 55 gallon drum kit, which saves a huge amount on shipping. The drawback is that you have to mix it 55 gallons at a time, but if you're doing a lot of houses, it will go pretty quick. It would be nice if it would come in a concentrated liquid form, but it doesn't.

Why couldn't you weigh evrything in the drum kit and divide by 11, that would give you a 5 gal. mixture

I suppose you could, but you only use between 1/2 and 1 gallon/5gallons of wash mix.

The drum kit comes in a sort of powdered form, with a 1 gallon jug of liquid...For me, at least, it would be much more of a pain to weigh out all that stuff into 11 portions and mix 5 gallons at a time.

Why couldn't you weigh evrything in the drum kit and divide by 11, that would give you a 5 gal. mixture

Because the powdered components can't be separated equally that way. There are different chems in there. This is per a conversation with Steve Rowlett.

Can I just ask how you add chemicals to your spray?

Do you have to make a mixture up in a large tank and suck that up and onto whatever surface you're cleaning?

If so, does this mean that you have to find some other way of mixing in the chemical if you are drawing water from a tap (faucet)?

I know pw have a pipe that you stick in a container of chemical, but how can you regulate, sucessfully, any chemical you use?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, it's just one that's been nagging me for a while.

:)

I know pw have a pipe that you stick in a container of chemical, but how can you regulate, sucessfully, any chemical you use?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, it's just one that's been nagging me for a while.

:)

Sounds like you're referring to a downstream injector. Some are adjustable, and some aren't. If it's adjustable, the part where the hose that goes into the chem bucket connects to turns. If not, you can regulate it by the mix in the bucket you're drawing from. Just mix your chems weaker or stronger as needed.

Some guys use the Xjet, which is a useful tool, but not nearly as easy to use an a downstreamer.

So you don't have a giant container of water and chemicals? You dilute the chemical in whatever container it's in, and then draw the into the pw as you go?

I was going to ask what 'downstreaming' is. Is this the answer?

Thank you.

So you don't have a giant container of water and chemicals? You dilute the chemical in whatever container it's in, and then draw the into the pw as you go?

I was going to ask what 'downstreaming' is. Is this the answer?

Thank you.

Downstreaming is where you draw chemicals into the pressure line after the pump.

Upstreaming is where you draw chemicals into the feed line before the pump. Not recommended for most chemicals, since they can damage the pump.

The Xjet is basically a fancy downstreamer with a much higher draw rate that goes on the end of the lance.

Why does the Citracleen have to be made in a drum? Doesn't Rowlett have a formula for mixing by the bucket? I don't know anything about it, I never used it.

I had the same question about Sunbrites powerhouse degreaser. It comes in five separate containers that you mix into a 55 gal drum. To some I guess it would be a chore but to me I began to appreciate the amount of product I had on hand as this stuff works great. It is very strong but that converts into using less in my mix which saves money.

I also use it full strength as a tool soak for the items used in sealing. It helps prolong the life of brushes and such...

Rod!~

Mike and Carolina - great replies! I have been reading widely on TGS and this has sorted out in mind a few things!

I was thinking, from what I had read, that you all had two hoses - one for water, and one for chemicals. I stand corrected.