Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

Biggest impact in your Bus. growth?

For some of the larger businesses out there...

What was the one or two things that you did with your business that made it grow from a one/two man show to a multi-crew backlogged business?

Heavy marketing (Yellow Pages, etc.)?

Taking 1-2 days out of your schedule to phone market and visit with Comm. cust's?

Door hangers around each job site?

Leaving estimates around each job site?

Contacting more Commercial customers to become a vendor?

I'm not a big business, but I can tell you the answer, how you've written it, is "none of the above". It is all going to come down to employees.........your ability to get good ones, keep them, pay them, motivate them, and properly manage the business. IMO, growth related to sales is EASY. Getting the work done, properly, on time, efficiently, under budget.........that is the moneymaker. Good luck!! We can grow together!!:)

Our company's success reflects the strong and talented individuals associated with us and that our fundamental business model is disciplined, straightforward and focused on generating value while managing risks

We realized that not only would our advertising campaign provide a strong influx of calls for service, but also that repeat service and maintenance was also going to be necessary.

Building a relationship with our clients also meant future business and not just a oneshotgiveitallyougotpaymeandbyebye mentality. From our 2nd year on we adjusted to growing pains and developing a training program to get multiple crews up and running. There wasn't much support in this area and we had some trial and error.

But the one thing that did help immensely was our reinvesting into the company. Getting bigger meant getting faster and more efficient which meant we needed to be effective. It was a road in the making but we are doing well as a result. Diversification due to our climate in the winter keeps money coming in.

All in all, these were factors impacting our business growth.

Rod!~

I'm not a big company either, but what's mad the difference for me is being and staying very organized in all aspects of my business. I've seen more business loss more money by simply not being organized. Being organized affects all aspects of what what previously mentioned above.

Thanks as always for the feedback. Sometimes when your up on a two story roof sraying chlorine and the wind is just right you get a big whiff of that 12.5% and you start thinking about where you are and where you are going.

Every day I wonder what the next step is for my company that will launch it to the next level. It's been 12 months since we started and I want to make our second year stronger and progressive. I would love to be able to have enough business comming in that I could just bounce from crew to crew monitoring what they are doing and have time for real commercial chain marketing.

We won't need any more equipment for a while and I have enough different chemicals to choke a horse. I just organized my chemical and equipment inventory and took my year end physical inventory for taxes.

I have every ad company from the Yellow Pages to Home & Ranch magazine trying to sell me ad space. I don't want to spend money that has no return but I don't want to miss that GOLDEN marketing campagn that pushed me to the next level either...

Ka sara sara, What ever will be will be.

Doris Day

Not that I am a fatalist, I belive you make your own destiny, but you can only do what you can do, then you have to let the chips land where they may and go from there..

When you have all the things mentioned above.. integrity, honesty, organization and discipline the keys to setting it on fire are marketing and sales. The more you advertise, the bigger you get. If your budget is limited in that respect, learn how to close all the sales you can.

Thanks as always for the feedback. Sometimes when your up on a two story roof sraying chlorine and the wind is just right you get a big whiff of that 12.5% and you start thinking about where you are and where you are going.

Every day I wonder what the next step is for my company that will launch it to the next level. It's been 12 months since we started and I want to make our second year stronger and progressive. I would love to be able to have enough business comming in that I could just bounce from crew to crew monitoring what they are doing and have time for real commercial chain marketing.

We won't need any more equipment for a while and I have enough different chemicals to choke a horse. I just organized my chemical and equipment inventory and took my year end physical inventory for taxes.

I have every ad company from the Yellow Pages to Home & Ranch magazine trying to sell me ad space. I don't want to spend money that has no return but I don't want to miss that GOLDEN marketing campagn that pushed me to the next level either...

Ka sara sara, What ever will be will be.

Doris Day

Not that I am a fatalist, I belive you make your own destiny, but you can only do what you can do, then you have to let the chips land where they may and go from there..

Ken, I like your attitude, its says alot of how i look at it all, except the Doris Day stuff, never really liked her that much, now Ann Margret:lgbugeyes lol

Good luck to you

Jeff