Sign in to follow this  
Mike

New Year, New Goals

Question

13 answers to this question

I think everybody on this BB and others should always do the best job they can do on every job they do and that will help the industry. Good work everyday will help grow respect for the industry.

I dont have the time or know how to actually go out and join an assoc to promote the industry, but I feel the good work and the advertising and marketing I do helps the industry and helps educate property managers & other customers. I like how I can make $50 - $100 - $200 an hour and the PM's and other are willing & sometimes happy to pay me that because they know they will get a good job done. I truly try to explain the benifits of hiring a professional pressure washing contractor. We cant worry about the hacks they will weed themselves out and for the person who hires a hackk and then hires me know the difference pretty quick.

So basically a good job done , on time helps promote the industry and if we all just do the very best job we can the industry will grow

So for 2006 I think we should all be all we can be everyday. Do good work it will be noticed

JL

I would love to see someone speak some good about PWNA, Wrapi and all other organizations. I would like to see real debate on how we can actually better all org, in one interest to proffessionilize our indsutry to our customers base.

And when we do disagree with what the focus is that we all understand its just disagreement. (not the end of earth)

These have always beens my goals, i stand and support anyone or org. trying to improve the industry. (its in all our best interest)

What would you like to see happen in our industry in 2006?

What are you willing to do to help?

What can the rest of us do to help?

I would like to see Lowes and Home Depot stop selling those cheap powerwashers to Mr. and Mrs. Homeowner and stop telling them "You can do it, we can help".

Really though, you ask a good question Mike. I would just like to see the general public view powerwashing as more of a trade that involves training, knowledge and skill. I just want the customer to be more educated, and I'm going to do my best in my area to do educate them. It would be nice if the PWNA or another organization would print up some really nice brochures geared towards educating the public about powerwashing and then make them available for contractors to buy. I think a brochure like this from a reputable organization would mean more than if a single biz owner like me would have some made up.

I would like to see Lowes and Home Depot stop selling those cheap powerwashers to Mr. and Mrs. Homeowner and stop telling them "You can do it, we can help".

Really though, you ask a good question Mike. I would just like to see the general public view powerwashing as more of a trade that involves training, knowledge and skill. I just want the customer to be more educated, and I'm going to do my best in my area to do educate them. It would be nice if the PWNA or another organization would print up some really nice brochures geared towards educating the public about powerwashing and then make them available for contractors to buy. I think a brochure like this from a reputable organization would mean more than if a single biz owner like me would have some made up.

Barry I think thats a great idea

I'll third that. You took the words right out of my mouth, Barry. I say what's on my mind and for better or for worse an org is worthless unless it's gets the message of professionalism out to the public. So far what's been done has been unimpressive.

What will I do as an individual? I will operate with integrity and professionalism. I will educate the public. I will continue to learn and better my skills in my chosen profession and then pass on that knowlege to the newcomer.

I would love to see someone speak some good about PWNA, Wrapi and all other organizations. I would like to see real debate on how we can actually better all org, in one interest to proffessionilize our indsutry to our customers base.

And when we do disagree with what the focus is that we all understand its just disagreement. (not the end of earth)

These have always beens my goals, i stand and support anyone or org. trying to improve the industry. (its in all our best interest)

I can't speak for the other org's but I can speak about the PWNA. This year our Board of Directors are all Contractors which I think is an excellent thing since we are basically an Org. that represents Contractors first. There is no agenda for anyone of us to make money directly off the Org. which I'm not saying was any Vendor in the past intentions either..but..some may have felt that way and now if they did its not a concern anymore. Another nice thing about the PWNA is that where known in alot of area's which gives us Name Recognition..Should we be known to alot more???ABSOLUTELY!!! and that is another avenue where working on.

There's alot of ways to better each and every org. but one of the constants in doing this is that all powerfull mighty dollar. It takes money to make some amazing changes and the PWNA which is only around 400 members strong will have to find a way to increase its membership base to give more of what the membership would want. Since we have to deal with what we have we are trying to get some more volunteers to help us help our PWNA Members..We are also trying to get together more often as BOD's because we get alot more done this way which is one of the main reasons we are getting together in Memphis next month..This will cost each and every PWNA BOD more money out of our own pockets but if it can help the org. then to me at least its worth doing it even though this trip will cost me personally another $1000. Its Expensive to be a BOD but if your like myself who likes to give back to the community that I believe in then its worth it..

Personally I have a ton of idea's I could put forth here and I could go on and on but thats for another day...and hopefully with more money to back them.....

Ron, I would like to do and hear the same...all orgs sitting around and mapping a strategy for the industry.

Interesting thoughts John T....so if an org reached out to the PWNA to see if it could explore a strategy together, the PWNA would likely embrace that?

I would just like to see the general public view powerwashing as more of a trade that involves training, knowledge and skill. I just want the customer to be more educated, and I'm going to do my best in my area to do educate them. It would be nice if the PWNA or another organization would print up some really nice brochures geared towards educating the public about powerwashing and then make them available for contractors to buy. I think a brochure like this from a reputable organization would mean more than if a single biz owner like me would have some made up.

Barry, WRAPI has a program in place to assist contractors in doing just that - building an image, projecting your knowledge to your customers, providing printed brochures. You can check out the Image Builder benefit at:

http://www.wrapi.org/ProjectImage1.htm

Celeste

Ron, I would like to do and hear the same...all orgs sitting around and mapping a strategy for the industry.

Interesting thoughts John T....so if an org reached out to the PWNA to see if it could explore a strategy together, the PWNA would likely embrace that?

Possibly if there intentions are honest and its not just a ploy for there own benefit soley. So with that being said our door is always open to listen and to explore together. I do believe in a 2 way street..

True, and I'm sure plumbers wish they'd stop selling pipe and faucets, electricians wish they'd stop selling wire and light fixtures, and carpenters wish they'd stop selling lumber and nails!

Celeste, I've been to that link before but I must of breezed through that part. That is exactly what I'm talking about, and it finally seems like, once the WRAPI gets going, it is going to be an organization of action not just talk.