Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Wish List

Question

For 2006 what is on your wish list for your A)business B) business equipment C) home - personal

And is this a wish list or something you are planning to achieve and how do you plan on getting what you wish for

My wish list is

A) business -

1)Pick up more commercial work and get more regular contract work & parking garages

2)To pick up at least 1 new property management company Ive been targetting

3) Continue to increase # of projects I get from PM's I now work with

4) Improve every aspect of my office, paper work etc.

B) Biz Equipment-

1) Buy another complete hotwater trailer set up, if needed, will know if needed within next couple months

2) If I get above trailer set up Id like anothe Big Guy surface cleaner

3) Another truck for pulling trailer Ford, Chevy, Dodge????? or a large box van

C)- Home-Personal

1)Have a HEALTHY baby on my Birthday Aug 11th, due date is Aug.10th. Id really like to have our upcoming baby on my Birthday , mainly because I was born on my Dads 30th Bday

2) Just get through this very busy upcoming year and have time & make time for my wife & family

3) Sell 2 homes and get new home built without many headaches

Whats everyones elses WISH LIST for 2006

GOOD LUCK, I hope everybody gets what they wish for

JL

21 answers to this question

I'm going into my second year part time and I'm still working out of the truck. I think it's time to set up a trailer. I too would like to get into more commercial work, It's not hard to see that's where the $$$$$$$$ is. But I will still target residential and I want to pick up more work in that area too.

So for biz

tailer set up

more work in commercial and res.

Personal

I want to PW fulltime and make a living

and I just want me and my family to be happy

Amen, Rod. I could probably have more crews on the road but there is no way I want to wake up with eight jobs scheduled and have three guys call out. I hope to find a foreman this year and begin my expansion in 2007. This year my goal is to maximize my profits through efficiency, the use of Wood Tux and finding the upper limit of what my market will bear. My business plan also includes an increased marketing budget.

Equipment: I have vowed to STOP upgrading. While having a huge hot water rig loaded with multiple surface cleaners, a reclaim system and 500 gallons of tote capacity is sweet to have, it's just not neccessary in residential work. It's more of a liability with the price of gas.

On a personal level I would like to achieve contentment, inner peace and improve my spiritual contact with my maker.

JL you trying to make history?

I would love to see just how BIG you are with that BABY:)

Now if you mean your wife having a baby on your BD that is another story, just tell her to hold tight for another 24 hours.

My wish is to stay healthy and have no more eye problems.

Bad enough being born half deaf.

Quickie here...

Just want to start pwing and see where it goes - it's an add-on for my main window washig work.

Equipment - well, that's linked to no.1 - just setting out pw, so consolidating that stuff - with your invaluable help.

Personal - new baby arriving in June, that's a biggie, to go with my first born, of 9 months.

Let it roll!

Great question Jeff--

Business goals: attain my gross projection, land commercial client i've been speaking with, fill my summer schedule with jobs in a different locale

Equipment: I have a trailer set up I'm working on, need about 10K to finish, that is the only equipment change

Personal: achieve contentment, inner peace, and a closer personal relationship with my maker (Ken nailed it for me). Might start thinking about getting married as well, so if any of you have any really hot sisters let me know:) Otherwise it is, "look out, Russian Brides!!":)

Set up a new rig

bring in enough new business to support my plans of hiring my first employee

Stay as organized as possible, and learn the in's and out's of my new corporate structure

put a plan in place to market too more of the greater Jacksonville area

and finally to do some soul searching, and decide on how commited I am to this line of work before going full throttle into the above agenda.

I have only one wish on my list this year and it is getting bigger each time.

***RELIABLE EMPLOYEE'S***

Rod!~

I am 100% behind him!!!!!!!!!

Just had one of my gooood fellows quit. Man I hate when that happens!!!!! Don't know what I'm going to do... but so far the good Lord has provided so we'll see what he has for me this time!! Good luck to ever one!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff, I have to ask, why did you edit your post? It was very inspiring. In any case, congrats to your success.

I'm glad it was inspiring, but I read it again and thought to myself that this is a pressure washing board. I felt strange having it here.

All I have to say is the good lord & my family has helped me at many intersections in my life and my only real WISH is to be a good & productive man for the rest of my life.

Life is GOOD:lgsideway

Thanks

Jeff

Equipment: I have vowed to STOP upgrading. While having a huge hot water rig loaded with multiple surface cleaners, a reclaim system and 500 gallons of tote capacity is sweet to have, it's just not neccessary in residential work. It's more of a liability with the price of gas.

Amen to that...I just added a 2nd trailer, and went with a bigger machine but smaller simpler trailer. I've found I don't need all 25 different chemicals I've ever used, or every possible piece of equipment I may ever need. I just need to plan for each job and stock the trailer accordingly. It's much nicer to pull and easier to use. The ONLY drawback I've found thus far is that I'm not longer pulling my own portable restroom.

Jeff: Sorry I missed your original post. We probably share some goals for this year in that regard. Yes, this is a PW board, but this is the non-PW hanging out forum where we should be able to share whatever we want without worrying about being out of line.

Goals for this year----

-- I plan on nailing down some more commercial accounts..just today I Powerwashed a new commercial account that I just picked up.

Get my box truck lettered and hopefully hire another worker to go along with me and my worker that I have now.

Get the extension on my house started before I go into overdrive Powerwashing.

As always trying to spend some more quality time with my family.

Maybe go to Church since I haven't gone in about 25 yrs..I have to many issues here and I'm still trying to work them out. This is the downfall of having an analytical mindset which causes me to analyze...most everything:)

Yeah Jeff,

....Don't apologize for your posts. LOL, I think you are one of those that wears your heart on your sleave for all to see......and that is a gift. My dad is like that....he can be best friends with a stranger in five minutes, along with discussing his deepest, darkest fears, etc., without even thinking twice. I'm not like that, far more stand-offish. I imagine your "laying it all out there" personality makes you a very good husband and father, and probably keeps your stress levels down. What a gift!

Yeah Jeff,

....Don't apologize for your posts. LOL, I think you are one of those that wears your heart on your sleave for all to see......and that is a gift. My dad is like that....he can be best friends with a stranger in five minutes, along with discussing his deepest, darkest fears, etc., without even thinking twice. I'm not like that, far more stand-offish. I imagine your "laying it all out there" personality makes you a very good husband and father, and probably keeps your stress levels down. What a gift!

Jon some nice comments thanks dude!!! //

Stress some years ago would depress me & bring me down, now stress makes me hyper and I just work harder at getting through it instead of stressing more. Its like a challenge, I get stronger. Fun sometimes.

Does that make sense.

This year is going to test my stress levels, but when I get through everything it will just be another challenge conquered.

Watch out for hyperspeed:lgwave: :banana: