Sign in to follow this  
steve r

more gpm

Need some input on if i can upgrade my gpm of my 13 by 4 up to 13 by 5 .what do i ned to do .i want more gpm if possible on one of my machines

I must be tired I am not undersanding your nomenclature.. 13 by 4? 13 horse engine?

I was thinking on using a 5gpm 1000psi 1040rpm with viton seals piston pump

My non-scientific guess-o-meter says that will take about 5hp... You could probably run 5gpm @ 2500 psi with that 13hp engine.

I've seen a 13hp, 5gpm machine at 3,000 psi.
IM just trying to figure how i can have my one machine have 5gpms with what motor i have 13 honda.what all do i have to change .ill buy a new pump and unloader if nessecary .Now its 3500 psi @4 gpm.i guess i need to match things up somehow .Im a parts changer not a mechanix .

More than likely a "manufacturer's spec"...probably 4.8 gpm @ 2800 or so. Steve, what pump do you currently have on that machine? If you stick with the same manufacturer and rpm rating, you won't need to drill new holes, change pulleys and belts, etc.

We put a 2021 pump on a 13hp gear-driven unit as an experiment, which is what Jim was talking about. It increased the flow, but we couldn't get more than 26-2700 psi(?) out of it without dragging the motor down.

I have a 13/4 direct drive that I've had forever. The pump died a few months ago and I found a new 3000/5.5 gear drive on eBay. (I bought it thinking that if it didn't work on the 13/4, I could add it to my 16/4 trailer.) Using a shoehorn, I mounted it to the 13 and now get about 2400/5.5. It drives a 20" surface cleaner very well and, in fact, will drive a 30" - just have to walk a little slower.

You could just tie both machines into one unlaoder and have 26hp @ 8 GPM. Then you need to raise you tip size up to an 8 or 10. It will cut you cleaning time in half. Keep some 20 size tips handy for light rinsing.

In HALF???

I need you to come down here and show me how to use this 8gpm machine I just bought, because though it IS a good bit faster, I just don't see how in the world I am going to cut my cleaning time in 1/2.

A size 20 on an 8gpm machine isn't really light rinsing! I am now using a size 35 tip for light rinsing (where I used a 25 on the 5.5gpm for light rinsing)

Soap on, soap off, twice the volume, half the time. Plus your chemicals shot twice as far. My 20 tips put out about 1000 psi. A 40 tip pulls chemicals from a down stream. Higher volume also rinses windows alot better.

So I could get me a 50gpm pump and wash a house in 1/10th the time!!! I and out in 6 minutes!!! Woohoo!

Yea, you're right. I don't have time for idiots.

No need for name calling. I was making a point. Yes, you WILL go faster with a higher gpm pump, but to say you'll cut the time in half by doubling your gpm assumes that EVERYTHING is moving a double speed. You're moving twice as fast, it it twice as fast to set up, break down, etc etc. If it was a simple case of "Soap on, soap off, twice the volume, half the time", then you really could cut your time to 1/10 by increasing your flow by a factor of 10.

Sorry if you took offense at that.

So I could get me a 50gpm pump and wash a house in 1/10th the time!!! I and out in 6 minutes!!! Woohoo!
Mike, I apoligize for calling you an idiot. I have been stressing the last few weeks trying to get things ready for the upcoming season. Maybe I misread your post, but I read it as being sarcastic and insulting. Maybe you were just having fun. If I misread this, then I am very sorry for my earlier post.

Mike, I apoligize for calling you an idiot. I have been stressing the last few weeks trying to get things ready for the upcoming season. Maybe I misread your post, but I read it as being sarcastic and insulting. Maybe you were just having fun. If I misread this, then I am very sorry for my earlier post.

No problem. There was some intended sarcasm, but not to be insulting, just to make a point. Please accept my apologies also...I have a tendency sometimes to speak a bit too bluntly sometimes, or to over-use sarcasm. I'm working on it, trust me!! Hey, I haven't had a real blow out fight on any board in quite a while!!

I think we're all stressing a bit. Things are slow here right now, with just enough work trickling in to keep my head above water! 700 mailers in the past two weeks and 4 jobs...Hey, at least I'm making enough to pay for postage! :lgbugeyes

With the cold :lgcold: weather this week, I don't expect the phone to be too busy, but things should pick up in the next few weeks. Come on Spring!!! :lgmoneyey