Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Drum pumps

I'm looking for a good drum pump for my 55 gallon drums to siphon chem out of drums into my buckets. I now use these inexpensive little siphon type plastic pumps, theres a little squeeze pump with plastic tube, there OK but dont last to long

Looking for real good ones that can handle caustics, & one for 12.5%. Something manual thats easy to use, but will last

Anybody know of a good pump, could you post a websight or picture and were to get

Thanks

JL

I use the plastic ones from grainger. I pump 93% sulfuric with them and they hold up well. I also use them for caustics adn other stuff. The more expensive plastice ones last longer than the $5.00 cheapies.

Larry, do you use the 3YB47 for the Sodium Hydroxide?

I did call & talked to Guy Garner and will be doing business w/them. Thank you for the tip. Next time I am on the wet side of Oregon, I owe you lunch.

Douglas Hicks

General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

I've bought mine from Grainger, Northern Tool, Envirospec, Pressuretek, and a few other places. I use them on a daily basis to pump 10.5% chlorine into buckets, and they hold up real nice. All these places sell quality plastic siphons, and there all around the same price $10-$20.

Larry, do you use the 3YB47 for the Sodium Hydroxide?

I did call & talked to Guy Garner and will be doing business w/them. Thank you for the tip. Next time I am on the wet side of Oregon, I owe you lunch.

Douglas Hicks

General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

I find most everything gums up pretty bad with caustics and acid. It is usually the piston that gives me problems. I have had good luck with the all plastic ones until the one way flapper falls out. Then they stop working.

Glad Guy was able to get you going. He has been pretty easy to work with and always seems to give a fair price.

jeff use that sureflo that you don't use. lot easier.

I Disagree. Why ware out a shurflo pump just to transfer chems? A good plastic siphon pump will last quite awhile, and doesn't require the need for flushing out with water after each use. Not to mention a good siphon can transfer at 7 gpm, which triples the average flow of most shurflos. Siphons are inexpensive, effecient, and very convenient.