Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

Downstreamer nightmare

I bought a downstreamer a while back and have twice tried to use it with no success.

It will draw to the top of the pick up tube and would go any farther.What is causing the problem? and how can I correct it?

How much high pressure hose are you running it with?

what gpm is your machine?

what gpm is your DS rated at?

what is the brand of the DS?

Is it adjustalble?

What kind of filter are you using at the end of the draw hose?

have you tried it with no high pressure hose attached?

Have you checked to see it the flow (arrows) are going in the right direction in relation to the QC?

Have you taken it apart to see what's going on inside?

Just some questions to help get the ball rollin

200 ft hp hose

5.2gpm

Not sure about DS,ordered it from Russ and he sent me one to work with the machine(gave him the mahine spec).

Not sure of the make

yes

blue plastic

it's new I really don't want to pull it apart already

haven;t checked arrows

Tried it with open ball vavle

It sounds like either the downstreamer is faulty, or its assembled backwards. Hooking it up with no hose basicly eliminates everything else.

Make sure the ball isn't sticking. Is it a long range DS'r?

Would, or could the ball stick on a brand new downstreamer. You wouldn't think so. Also, if its pulling up the draw hose, but unable to enter the water stream that would seem to eliminate the stuck ball theory.

Scott, try it with 100' of hose and see if it works. If it does, and you want to downstream through 200', you'll need a size smaller injector. Send it back and I'll send you a new one.

I have a question. Is it possible to increase the draw through a downstreamer by intentionally using an undersized unit? I have a 5.5 gpm and 4 gpm machine. Can I use DS'ers rated at 3-5 gpm and 1-3 gpm respectively? I am looking to increase draw without sacrificing flow. I'm guessing this would be too easy and would have negative effect but I figured it was worth asking.

I have a question. Is it possible to increase the draw through a downstreamer by intentionally using an undersized unit? I have a 5.5 gpm and 4 gpm machine. Can I use DS'ers rated at 3-5 gpm and 1-3 gpm respectively? I am looking to increase draw without sacrificing flow. I'm guessing this would be too easy and would have negative effect but I figured it was worth asking.

pwkid was just talking about how he does that intentionally, and he claims it does produce a higher draw rate. I can attest to it as well becuase the injector I use now is rated for 3-5 gpm machines, and I use it with my 5.5 gpm machine. I tested this injector, as well as two others that were rated for my gpm machine, and the undersized one I'm using now has a higher draw than the others.