Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

20 something Kohl's storefronts

Yeah, if they are rural its a no go. I have three within 4 miles all directions. the valley has about 8 that are within 45 minutes.

Plans to build many more.

CVS has only been hear a few years and with have over a 100 locations, none no further than 45 minutes.

mcdonalds about 200 same distance. walgreens 175

osco about 70

HOW DO YOU CONTACT CVS ..WHO MANAGES IT

...Cold Stone Ice Cream?? Basically, fancy overpriced ice cream. Their "gimmick" is they smash the ice cream all together with spoons and mix in a topping......basically a really expensive Blizzard.

You must have never tried it John. I agree it is overpriced but there is nothing like it out there. Their ice cream is pheomenal every flavor is the real deal. Come on out to PA. Christine's family just bought one.

I bid on a Kohl's last year and they wanted the whole sidewalk on 2 sides of the building done and I bid at around $300.00 I think. I never heard back from them and I went by there a while back and the concrete is all torn up like some turbo nozzle came alive and tortured all concrete. I cannot believe the carving and scarring of the concrete. I bet the lowballer did not even have insurance. I bid on CVS last year. Two of the Eight locations were an hour away so I would be driving for 4 hours for free. They wanted them done each quarter and wanted windows included on the bid. These windows are huge. I bid $150.00 but they wanted the sidewalk halfway down on both sides, the pharmacy drive thru lane, bubble gum on both areas and all the windows of the building. I called the Area Manager later on and he told me they got someone to do it for a lot less than I bid and they are also doing the windows. I would like to see them do it sometime to see if it is someone I know. That would have been a good job if the windows were not part of it. I do windows but am not great at it or very fast yet. I just did two jobs where the windows were about 3'x4' and they were not cleaned in around 6 years. It took forever to do them all. I guess speed will come in time but I bet it helps if windows are cleaned regularly.

You must have never tried it John. I agree it is overpriced but there is nothing like it out there. Their ice cream is pheomenal every flavor is the real deal. Come on out to PA. Christine's family just bought one.

Exactly! The best ice cream I've had short of home-made. Any flavor you can think of, any topping you can think of, in any combination you can think of.

Just like Starbucks, expensive (not overpriced). You get what you pay for. In fact, one little strip mall I clean every two weeks has a coldstone right next door to a Starbucks. Get there early and I can get a cup of latte and a bowl of ice cream!

yea i got it too fax and email i turned it doen as well because it is only 1 store and it was like over an hour away.....not profitable and then you have the trouble of dealing with a management company and all the red tape ......more stores and more profit not a problem but to little for me for now

woops looks like yall changed gears on the thread without me knowing.....selma,alabama?.....no starbucks........never heard of coldstone ...we dont even have a baskin robins ,tcby or a dairy queen only ice cream here is at the sonic and no java houses!!!wanna visit????

Cold Stone rocks. Yeah it's expensive but worth it. Dont' be a fool and get a small, for 99 cents more you can gain 15 pounds. My wife and I will on occasion skip dinner and go to coldstone for a dinner/desert combo. My oldest daughter loves it. We eat healthy most of the time so it is a nice treat on occasion.

Oh yeah, this forum is about pressure washing.

Sorry

what makes it so special ron

It tastes awesome, and you can get just about any flavor, topping, etc that you can imagine, or any combination of them.

It's like Starbucks. If you love coffee, and appreciate GREAT coffee and various coffee drinks, you go to Starbucks or another similar coffee shop. If you just like a regular cup of coffee, you won't get why some of us go out of our way to pay $5.00 for a large iced white chocolate mocha with 2 extra shots of espresso and white chocolate!

If just like regular ice cream, you won't get paying the price for coldstone!

Dont waste your time with commercial property mngmt., at least that was my experience, and here is an example of a highly profitable, DEBT FREE company that has a store on every corner in the country,,, WALGREENS, we landed their accounts, for about 3-6 months it was a total of about 40 stores all within 40-60 miles of each other and they all wanted 1 c leaning a month,

which included all gum removal, and cleaning the front sidewalks and trash cans, removing dirt and oil from drive thru pharmacy's area, cleaning out dumpster pads and picking up all the trash that was on the ground back there, plus washing all their loading dock concrete pads, average price they were willing to pay was $95.00 per store MAX, and you had to bill each store individually, which took hours each moneth for all the paper work, and then most took at least 90-120 days to get payed on, or they would say there store was never cleaned and you never got payed, it;s the store managers word, against yours, and to make things even worse, it was all 3 rd shift work you couldnt start any store before 12:00 midnite..

Anyway, I just thought I would help alot of you not waste your time and energy chasing these companies around.. to do alot of work for such little pay

now maybe you know why all The Quick Trips in the country pay their own employees $7-$8 an hour to power wash their stores

Hope This Helps..

Dont waste your time with commercial property mngmt., at least that was my experience,

I'll betcha Ron ********** has a bit of a different experience with commercial property management. I believe that's where most of his works is generated, and he keeps several crews running day in and day out.

Didn't you know before you started the contract that they were paying $95.00/store, and that you'd have to bill each store individually? And everyone knows that commercial work pays slower, for the most part. So, knowing all this going in, did you just think you would be able to finish each store in 30 minutes or something?

How can it take hours to bill 40-60 stores? Once you have the billing set up, it should be a simple matter of changing dates, printing, folding, and stuffing 40-60 invoices, certainly not more than an hour's work.

Did you clean them for 3, or 6 months? Not sure how you clean something for 3-6 months.

No I did not to all your questions, I was told in the beginning, just the front sidewalk, and then all the rules changed, so as each store started adding more and more for the price, I would either add on the extra amount or drop the store if they didnt agree, which most didnt, so thank god for me it didnt last long, and I really didnt lose any money, because I basically told them as I went along I was billing them hourly $95 so if they added work, I added money, they were real good at manipulating vendors all vendors, it is how they keep their cash flow looking real high, anyway I am just glad I learned a valuble lesson, and get contracts signed, and that is something they wont do, no contracts, no long terms, so basically they hold all the cards, and the cash so to speak, it gets too confusing you would just have to experience it, that was a few years back at least 4-5 maybe things have changed by now Im not sure, nor do I want to find out

that was a few years back at least 4-5 maybe things have changed by now Im not sure, nor do I want to find out

Was this back when you were working as a salesman for a pressurewashing company? If I remember correctly, you were just debating getting into the business and going full time a little over three years ago, about the same time I did.