Sign in to follow this  
John T

The Grime Scene Roundtable

Question

Beth is going to kill me for flubbering my mouth off..but..I GOT A BIG MOUTH!!!!!!!!

Just a thought. Who would be interested in doing a roundtable somewhere in Maryland maybe in the early fall when the leaves look there finest.

If I was running this roundtable it would be only open to anyone who has ever participated on the TGS bb..which means probably a thousand plus members since it is just about the best Powerwashing bb on the net.

If lets say 50 people are interested in going to this roundtable maybe a place could be found that could hold this many and if the price was lets say $20/per person then a $30 charge should be taken so $10 goes to Beth/Rod for all there efforts in keeping this bb at the very top of the game.

This could be an annual Roundtable and probably the first of its kind where its an extension and directly related to a bb.

There could be many goals for having a roundtable like this but the first one that comes to my mind is for the TGS members to meet each other and to forge ahead relationships in this industry that could last many years.

No this is not a push for anytype of ORGANIZATION. This is more like a club that we all belong to which is TGS(The grimes scene).

This club is fueled by its internet base and following. Its a club that is built from its internet founding and belief system which is the bb. This is what seperates this club from all else.

This is once again all just thoughts spewing out of my head. These thoughts get me in hot water at times but anyone who knows me knows this..I have no agenda. My one and only goal is for us all to be connected in this industry so we as a group can elevate the standards....This is why I do believe in Organizations and groups...its tough to swim these waters alone.

So who else would be interested and what are some other idea's that can be shared here???????????????

70 answers to this question

I would love to do it! And I would love to get our TGS Vendors involved as well. And JOhn, since you are in the mood to help, you're committing to attending and helping too right? ;)

This sounds like it could be fun! We haven't held a round table meeting in a while...maybe it's time!

Beth

p.s. maybe I could get TGS t-shirts made.....

You could do it in the dead of winter down in Puerto Rico. When you are all buried under 4 feet of snow and you are at the slowest time of the year. Bring your shorts and sunblock!!!!

Great idea. I can't commit to attending (I committed to go the last 2 PWNA convention and never made it) but I will throw my support behind this. Why couldn't this be a TGS conference?

T-shirts would be cool.........temporary tats that say TGS4Life would be great too! October/November would work for us :) It's gotta be a multi-day thing......Friday night at some hotel that would take us all.....Saturday, demos, "water gun" fights, etc... Blow out barbeque on Sat nite and then everyone can go home on Sunday - Family style too...kids and all!

Celeste

Celeste...

Sounds like a blast to me! Family oriented is wonderful.

Let's all get to work on this. Anyone who wants to help organize is welcome! Any vendors who have expertise and want to speak and/or demo on a topic, would be welcome. Let's keep the suggestions flowing and make this happen!

Beth

I have an idea for a great unique type of race that only a pw'er could think up. Help me out on this one guys and see what we can come up with.

Its called Power Wash Derby! Come up with a wagon of sorts that has 1 or 2 guns and is propelled by only the water that comes out of the wand pointing aft!

The contest would be something to the effect of distance traveled and best time. We could use a Latimat mat to contain the water and a reclamation system for reusing the water as an environmentally conscious addition.

Any Sponsors or materials donators would get great publicity from this one!

Feed back???

Rod!~

TGS fo' Life, Shane you cedar destroyer.

You got it brother "What you gonna do when the Cedar Deystroyer runs wild over you??"

" 60-80 grit sanders for Life brother" ;)

Sounds like a good idea to me, count me in as well. October or November. Last year I worked into November but this year is slow so far. So either month will work.

Hmmmm.....Williamsburg Va is affordable, and has family style attractions. Maybe we could find good hotel rates there? There are theme parks ( not sure when they close for the season will have to check) and there is Colonial Williamsburg, and also all the outlet shopping.

Beth

Of course on the other hand we could move it slightly north and hit Atlantic City!!!!

Beth

I have an idea. We can have it at our shore house. We are about 20 minutes from A/C. Let me know what you guys think about coming to Ocean City NJ ?

The house can sleep 8 in the bedrooms and another two on couches if people can't leave town. We have a deck and good amount of area out back and if need be I can get a permit from OC and we can have our outing right on the sand.

I'm fully expecting to have Shane, Jim F, Rick P, Rod and Russell Cissell and any other woodies I have forgotten to transform that thing into something magical. Yur coming up too, so its a good chance to learn. LOL

Here is a pic, it needs to be redone. I was planning to do it in the fall.

Second picture shows Atlantic City in the background. Picture taken from the deck.

post-581-137772159623_thumb.jpg

post-581-137772159631_thumb.jpg