Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Does anyone have DR-60?

Question

The company that sold DR-60 (Dominion Restoration) has gone out of business. I'm looking to purchase as much of their DR-60 as possible. If you have some and would like to get rid of it please give me a call.

Thanks

Craig

760-397-7722 Cell

760-771-6305 Office

12 answers to this question

I have 5 gallons of it still from 2 years ago. Why did they go out of business? Maybe I should hang onto it as a souvenier and wait for the bidding to begin.

craig prosoco also has a handful of restoration cleaners, you could call them and see what they have that is equivalent. if you talk to them ask who in your area buys by the truckload. distributors buying by truckloads get a lot better pricing than those that don't. case in point, the distributor that i used to work for sells me one of my cleaners for $40/5 gallon pail, i checked with another distributor in my area and they were at $60/5 gallon pail

Jim,

I'll check it out. I have strictly used DR-60 for rust removal. With a couple of other techniques I can on average get 90-100% of the rust out. I haven't found any other chem that could come close. Hopefully there's something out there. A $100 -5 gallon pail usually brings in over $1000 in gross. Gotta find something quick!

Craig,

I switched from DR-60 to oxalic acid years ago. I used to drive to Richmond to pick it up. WAY too expensive. When mixed from powder, oxalic is about $1/gal. An added benefit is that you can vary the strength.

P.S. If your looking for a way to test oxalic vs, DR-60, HD sells Rust-Aid - about $10/gal.

Thanks Jon. I still have about 40 pounds of Oxalic left. It's a good second but it just doesn't come close to the consistant results that the DR-60 offered for me. May the Gods be with us. Rust removal brings in about 4K for us a month.

Safe Restore is pretty good, it works great at getting mineral stains out of concrete. I have 24-5 gallon buckets in storage.

So I guess nobody has DR.

Thanks for the replies and help.