Sign in to follow this  
FLORIN

Bathroom break????

Question

Hello all,

I'M not trying to be sick or anything but I never came across the answer or thought about it till last weekend. I was washing two houses right next door to each other last weekend one after the other. All of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom badly. Here I was hoses stretched out everywhere, equipment on the ground, plants tarped up, I was all mucked up from all the gdirt and grime that sprayed onto my clothes. What do I do ask the customer if I can use theirs, pack everything up and go to a gas station, unhook the trailer and leave everything there. Well I couldnt hold it any longer so I diconnected the hoses from the washer and threw the more expensive items in the trailer and I drove off and found a gas station. I took a chance that nobody was going to help themselves with the equipment that I left behind. Again I dont want to be prying into such a personal thing but I would like to know what others do in dire emergencies such as this.

20 answers to this question

Florin,

Take off your shoes,take a towel with you,if need be,and don't fear the customer.I have never had a customer refuse me ,or my men use of the bathroom.Now...if your going to nuke the toilet,it's your call.Keep the door closed when you leave.Fear not.

Don't throw away(sorry) your profit.That probably cost you 50-75 buckorinos.Cut it out,your customers are human,they understand potty emergancies.Let it flow ,brother.

That is really not funny, what happened to you, but it's something that us girls have to contend with EVERY time we have to go, not just occasionally. We've done all of the above - asked the homeowner, dropped the trailer and found a service station. Guys with enclosed trailers have portapotties already (probably a bad clean up but available nonetheless)

Celeste

Close door on truck. grab empty jar, do your thing. Number two can get a little nasty and I try to make sure everyone has gone before they leave for the day. Emergency has struck and those 5 gallon empty's go into the dumpster. yuck. Is poop a caustic or an acid?

....Well, as you said, you were all "dirty, filthy and muddy anyway". I think that answers your question right there:)

Great, straightforward answer DonL.

...Personally, I wouldn't ask the customer, but just out of my own idiosyncrasy's. Being somewhat of a germaphobe, I don't even like the solution of going to the service station. I have three places I'll go, in this order: Walgreens, Staples, OfficeMax. I just try and avoid being in the situation,

Normally I do my business before I go to the job but this time I ate at a taco stand before I got on the job. Hot sauce gets me every time but I never learn. I was more than just a little dirty, I am still kinda new at this and do not have the finnese yet on washing and get most of the crud off their houses and mud from their foundation on myself. Not to mention I would of stunk up their place badly. I will probably start carying a cofe can in the back of the Yukon from now on for when I get a hot sauce jonesin.

Got to agree with Ken, I keep three 5 gal pails along with tp and babywipe dispenser in the back of my truck. Works like a charm except when the customer comes looking for you and opens the back door...... KEEP THE DOOR LOCKED !!!!!

Got to agree with Ken, I keep three 5 gal pails along with tp and babywipe dispenser in the back of my truck. Works like a charm except when the customer comes looking for you and opens the back door...... KEEP THE DOOR LOCKED !!!!!

too funny

Down here in Southern Maryland not a big problem. There is always a tree or bush that needs to be looked at. Just watch out for the Poison Ivy........

always carry TP....

I hate to say it, but this is a very helpful thread. Just be sure to courtesy flush, if you use the customers bathroom. Don't let it set there and marinate under you. It won't stink it up as bad. And, while your dropping the browns off at the superbowl, or the kids off at the pool, turn on the sink to drown out the sound.

It's kinda funny, but then again, it's really not, when you gotta go, you gotta go especially after some hot sauce.

Just be aware of what was in those pails to begin with, the ammonia your adding to the pail may not be compatible with what was in the pail.:headspin:

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

Just be aware of what was in those pails to begin with, the ammonia your adding to the pail may not be compatible with what was in the pail.:headspin:

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

Now that's funny right there........

not really but I just had to laugh when I the thought of sittin down and then what the...........

jon

exactly...had somethiing on it I just had to take a look at....

A smartalec boss at a tree farm asks one of his employees " show me the front of that tree". Guy walks all around the tree, and says "thats the front right there". Boss says "how do you figure that". Employee says "somebody S--t right behind it".

Emerg bathroom visits happens to most at some point in time. Alot easier to ask a customer if they showed up professional looking in uniform, than just a bleached out and hole infested t-shirt.Still prefer they use a public bathroom if possable.

I know the feeling way to well. Having stomach issues, I make sure that I do not eat the wrong items before a job anymore, or drink to much water during.

When you work alone at night and just about everything is closed, it can be a real pain. I have had to roll up and leave the same job 3 times in a night to go home to go. Lucky for me it was a local job.

Once and I hope it never happens again, I grabbed a handful of my clean rags and a trash can liner and went for the alley. The cramps were so bad I had no other choice, other than my pants. I learned that diet plays a heavy roll in it.

They say that the natural elimination cycle is 4am to noon when on a sensible diet. The way folks eat here in the States, all day is potty time.

I have to tell this story about a friend who is a truck driver. These guys just can't wheel right in anywhere. He said he usually carries a five gallon bucket with him,but on this day he had just finished chinese food and setteled in for a long drive and he felt his stomach gurgle.He started looking for his bucket, but didn't have it.He had just bought a new water cooler so that was his only alternative being the next exit was miles away.He screwed the top back on the cooler after doing his biz and when he got to the truck stop that eve he deposited the cooler into the dumpster. Within minutes someone comes along to scavage a new cooler from the dumpster. Friend said he could hardly contain himself when they unscrewed the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!