Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Unreal

Question

27 answers to this question

mixed in 6 gal. xjet rig is

1 gal. 12.5 + 1/3 gal pro source ind. dishwashing liquid + top off to 6 gal h2o.

This mix has worked much better for me this Summer vs. last Summer's effort with Cascade. It does not dry fast at all, I have soaked complete 2 story's all the way around without it drying on me and it has cut my time alot.

Tone down the 12% a bit and use it for deckwashes as well.

It works great and I pick it up at Sam's for 4.00 a gal. or by the case.

It also cuts the smell of the 12%

Just curious as I'm still trying to learn , and in no way am i trying to put down the excellent wok you did on this home but underneath the fireplace overhang it looks like a stain of some type is showing there. is this rust or shadowing in the pic and if so is there anything that could be used to brighten that area up ? thanks in advance for your replies

come on now vinyl cleans up really easy .ill call you today.been in europe for a few months.

You' re right Steve, it does clean easier than most resi's, but I thought it would make a nice pic. When I first saw the side I felt like I was standing under a drive in movie screen ( anyone remember those).Glad your back safe and sound and thanks for uncovering the terrorist liquid explosives threat, we knew you could do it.

You' re right Steve, it does clean easier than most resi's, but I thought it would make a nice pic. When I first saw the side I felt like I was standing under a drive in movie screen ( anyone remember those).Glad your back safe and sound and thanks for uncovering the terrorist liquid explosives threat, we knew you could do it.

SShhhhh

Just curious as I'm still trying to learn , and in no way am i trying to put down the excellent wok you did on this home but underneath the fireplace overhang it looks like a stain of some type is showing there. is this rust or shadowing in the pic and if so is there anything that could be used to brighten that area up ? thanks in advance for your replies

I didn't run across any rust on the side Lyn. I believe it is a shadow on the pic, just like the pics of the black mold. The shadows are there but you can clearly see the mix of mold algae and some conglomeration of the shotgun mold as well. This resi is roughly 25 feet from a flowing creek, which is obviously where the most moisture is. There was a little rust on the the chimney cap, but the customer is ok with that.

..... or you can refer to the mix I posted earlier in this thread.

That mix works really good and does not dry very fast allowing you to cover more surface area with chems before rinsing.

Can someone please tell me exactly how and what products they/you are mixing so i can stop waisting my time with the big box store cleaners.

Call Steve Rowlett he's got a great line of cleaning products and FREE advice ..Great Guy.. (Cascade is for dishwashers ).He sells special detregents made for housewashing..

For vinyl depending how bad the mold is determines how to mix .My vinyl mix is 1 gallon 12.5% 1 gallon power house to 3 gallon of water.Mix as strong as you need .could be a little less or more.Ad more bleach as needed.Leat dwell a few minutes but dont let the solution dry.then rinse like crazy.Make sure you rinse well.And of course water all shrubbery well before applying solution.Keep water on the grass and such.

Sorry. Was talking to my freind Jim on thge phone. Thanks KEN.

Tom, Call me. I have enough house wash stuff, I can give you a little "taste" this way you can see how the stuff works. And I'm convinced you'll buy it after you use it. Plus I'll show you how to do residential work. I have a house and deck I'm doing late this week, or beginning of next week.

Take advantage, I learned a lot from the bulletin boards, but there wasn't anyone around here doing it when I started who could have showed me!!