Sign in to follow this  
Isaac B

Hello, new guy here

Question

Names Isaac, been a lurker, but I am breaking out. Im starting a PW service, targeting residential and light commercial cleaning. i have practiced on all my familys houses, and have had good to excelent results. did a split leavel house wash, a mossy ranch style roof, and two decks. Anyways I actualy have a question about my truck. Its a 96 dodge ram with a failing paint job. I plan on taking it to maaco. I just cant make up my mind on a color. The truck is a two tone blue/white combo. I want a solid color scheme. Im going between navy blue, white, or silver. What do you think?

18 answers to this question

Issac when the time comes for a new truck spend the extra and buy a Dodge or Ford diesel.

Better milage with Dodge bu more power with Ford.

Now as to the color, skp white, black, red and go with Grey or med Blue. Not dark blue or sky blue.

If you have a trailer have it color matched and again skip black.

this has been a question for many companies. Do I go with the traditional white or take the road less traveled and add color. Going with color surely will put you out there and get you noticed, It works for me. However I know guys who have dressed white up to look pretty good.If you want to bring attention to your company go mack daddy with color and let yourself be known. GMC trucks deliver commercial grade power.

Blue white, but tose are my colors so I an a bit biased. Definately stay away from black it is much harder to maintain and keep clean, plus it gets extra hot in the summer.

Aww c'mon Paul - we all own pressure washers here - no excuse not to keep the truck clean, no matter what color :) LOL

Celeste

Celeste Ive seen your trucks, and I know you gotta a washer so now whats your excuse LLOOOLLL!!!

Issac,

I have a white truck and a blue truck. I think the lettering stands out better on the blue because you can make the lettering jump out if you border it in white or silver. A lot of folks have white trucks and while they are easier to keep clean and hide dents, dings better they are everywhere, go to the wild side.

Around here most (90%) trailers are white or black. Majority of commercial trucks are white. My trucks and trailers are gray. But then again, I like being the odd one in the croud

Once again, thanks for the replies, great insights from everyone, except GMC comment, lol! I guess Ill have to do some more thinking, and paying attention to what other contractors are doing. I think Ill rule white and silver out. I like grey, I also like blue tho........

Aww c'mon Paul - we all own pressure washers here - no excuse not to keep the truck clean, no matter what color :) LOL

Celeste

I probably have the dirtest truck in town LOL, I need about another hour in the day to take care of my own truck. Has anyone found that 25th hour yet?

You are right black does look great when clean it is just getting the employees to do it. My color isn't far off though it is dark blue.

I do white & black it looks more like a business to me. Plain & simple , people notice us everywhere. I had a home builder come up to me at a gas station this morning and ask me to give some prices on new construction. He said he see's us all over town.

Big bold simple logo's on black or white you'll get noticed, I do!

JL

I like white because it doesn't show dirt, dings or wear as much as darker colors such as black, but there's something to be said about bold colors. I think I've mentioned this before, but theres a lawn company in my area that drives around in a bright red truck, towing a bright red trailer, and needless to say I see them all the time because they stick out like a sore thumb. The name of the company is now engraved in my memory, and I can see them coming down the road form a 1/2 mile away.

I say none of them. I would go with a strong bold color. Right now I am driving a pewter Yukon and black trailer and am having to result only in my lettering to be bold. Next truck and trailer will be bold yellow with full body blue lettering. the whole truck and trailer will be one big billboard. Hell it might even be an eyesore but it will definately be noticed.

But thats just me.

Go with Black, yes you have to keep it clean, but then isn't that what we all do in the end, Clean? A clean Truck is a Happy Truck. :vroom:

Here's a photo of mine, from the other side of the pond.