Sign in to follow this  
Paul Kassander

Home Remedys

Question

19 answers to this question

try the 'theraflu cold' Its the nastiest tasting stuff on the planet, but my wife says it actually gives her some relief. When she gets colds she gets hit real hard! so I tend to beleive her when she finds something that works for her.

Last winter working new construction interiors (no heat - ugh) we kept something called Cold-eze I think.....it's a pill-like thing that you let melt in your mouth. Like TheraFlu, tastes like ass but worked for us.

Celeste

My college method was to throw a big drunk. The not so good theory was that the alcohol killed the infection. It did appear to work, but then you had a hangover to deal with.

Then again, we used any excuse to throw a party...

2 to 1 bleach mixed with super concentrate soap, applied to the nostril with x-jet...............

oh...... you guys are talking about colds... kidding.....

a home remedy for bee stings.....

a pinch of cigarette tobacco applied with scotch tape directly over the sting.

for splinters... soak in dish soap for a while. It will swell the splinter out enough to grab it.

toothache........ apply a piece of clove to the throbbing area.

3% hydrogen peroxide (you can get it at any drugstore) works for me. Tilt head and put two or three drops in one ear and let it sit for five or ten minutes. Tilt head other way and drain ear. Repeat with the other ear. You may have a bubbling sound in the ear but don't despair as this is normal. Do this for two or three days and your cold will be gone, well at least it works for me.

Terry

Head on! Apply directly to the forhead!

Head On! Apply directly to the forhead!

Those ads make me very uncomfortable.:lgbugeyes

I've alwys worked outside in th e worst weather on the continent, and then I play in the same weather, and I've found that Cold Eze does work for me.

I've also used the honey, lemon, whisky toddy to cure a cold. I've found liberal over-application works best.

Then I use alka-seltzer plus orange flavor to cure the flu-like aftercold that often shows up the next morning. Tastes a lot like a foot dipped in Tang, but will ease your pain!

In my full time job we are severly restricted as far as what we can use. The lemon/honey/whiskey is definitely out. For years I just suffered at work. Now I've found a few things that work.

If you have to take something, but still function, try Afrin nasal spray and a naproxsyn(?) sodium. Almost instant relief, 12 hours long. I know it's not a home remedy, but it works. Then when you get home for the evening...definitely try the lemon/honey/whiskey routine.

If you have a cough at night mix two tablespoons of honey whiskey and lemon juice ,drink and sleep tight.

Add cloves to that and drink it as hot as you can stand it. Pile the blankets on and sweat it out. Hence, tarping my sweat lodge.

ISYHTRAH

My college method was to throw a big drunk. The not so good theory was that the alcohol killed the infection.

That kills off the weak/ sick brain cells and makes you smarter, too.

Alas, the effect seems temporary....

:)

Take the ROBO challenge I guarantee you will not get sick again for at least a year! Whats the ROBO challenge you ask! Drink a entire bottle of robotussin. The only side affect I know of is some people have a short period of hallucination. But seriously I have not been sick (other than self inflicted) for like the last 5-6 years. Thanks ROBO!

Head on! Apply directly to the forhead!

Head On! Apply directly to the forhead!

I am not a aggressive person but every time that commercial comes on I want to kick something. It does its job as far as being annoying.

Take the ROBO challenge I guarantee you will not get sick again for at least a year! Whats the ROBO challenge you ask! Drink a entire bottle of robotussin. The only side affect I know of is some people have a short period of hallucination. But seriously I have not been sick (other than self inflicted) for like the last 5-6 years. Thanks ROBO!

We're just gonna start calling Kory 'The DMX Kid'.

:lgsideway