Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Getting Old

Question

When I was a young boy i thought being in your 20's was old and in my 20's I thought being 30 was old and in my 30's i thought 40 was old ,when I was 40, 41, 42 etc I still didnt think I was old. But now I'm 45 and I think I'm old what a bummer. I'm 5 years away from being 50 theres no way around it 50 is old, you just cant say 50 is young.

Now even up to 40, 41, 42 I still felt like I was in my 20's I never really grew up I have a love for life and always wanted to just have fun which I still do every day but I'M 5 YEARS AWAY FROM 50. Now I get a pain in the chest I go oh **** its maybe a heart thing, I get a pian in my neck or leg I think it is a disk problem , I get heartburn I think it will lead to cancer, I have *** and I think I'm going to have a heart attack, I get a head ache I think its a brain tumor. Man what a PITA it is to get older./

I look at a pretty young girl and I used to think I could have her, now I look and I figure they'll think Im a dirty old man or a perv. Could someone tell me when exactly I got old

I have a 6 week old baby girl & a 3 1/2 year old boy and I go to the park or the zoo and I love my time with them but then I get to thinking I'll be in my 60's when they go to college. My boy is totally nuts and I LOVE HIS ENDLESS ENERGY, he runs around the house Karate chopping everything he just cracks me up everyday, but why is it no matter if Im standing , sitting laying down when he playing and he comes at me he hits me in the family jewels, EVERY TIME, its like he has radar. I have a lot of patience with my boy compared to younger fathers I have seen, but if this boy gets me in my groin one more time Im buying a cup to wear, he killing me

I have a young wife & kids and a lot on my plate but I wouldnt give up my life for anything, I just wonder how much more life I'll have now that I'm 5 years away from being real old

Its funny I got up a little while ago and went in to check on my boy and i ended up laying in his bed with him, I love the way he puts his hands together and he lays his head on his hands SO CUTE and handsome he is. I had just started to fall asleep with him and he yurned and whacked me in my face and his knee hit me in my crotch. At least he didnt get me real good, just a glancing blow. RADAR I'm teling you. I just laughed and I got up and smiled

I may be getting older but my kids will keep me young or they'll kill me. But you know something life is GREAT and I still think like Im a youngster. Youngster , did I say youngster, I must be old.

Hey everybody used to say I couldnt get my sexy wife, i was to old. I proved them wrong!!!!!

Hey dont mind my babbling, it what happens when your old

What do you think, Im thinking 100 is old, so i got a long time before Im really old. LOLLLLLLL

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

12 answers to this question

Welcome to the old farts club! :lol:

I just turned 45 this month and feel pretty much the same way.

My solution was to start counting backwards and see what that does for my self esteem.

What comes before 45???

Dang! Thats starting to go too!

Rod!~

Jeff I'm 47 and have a 4 year old. Last night after a week of hard woodcare. It was Leapfrog , tag and my favorite game stinger. I get to throw a ball at him while he's running around.

life is good

Another lovely poem in an effort to bring culture and class to the pressure washing industry.

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model.

Iv"e got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out off focus and it's expecially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was.

I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

Myfuel rate burns ineffeciently.

But here's the worst of it---

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter........either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

Man what a PITA it is to get older.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know what you mean. I have a 1 year old, and I'm 39. I'll be in my late 50s/early 60s when he's in college. His mom will be 65 when he turns 18. But that's OK...He's ours, and we're his, and we love him more than anything.

Just got home from paintball...I shouldn't be this tired and sore after 4 hours of running and shooting in the woods. Used to be I could do that stuff all day and then come home and look for something to do. Now I just want to lay down. LOL!!

And despite all that, I agree...Life is GREAT!!!

You know I went to Walmart tonight and I was at the photo dept and I see 2 very cute looking girls in their 20's and the kid I know behind the counter see's me looking so I say to him cute girls huh. He goes oh ya and then says there to young for me. Whats he know they may like older men

Then I walk into the parking lot and I go to cut thru a couple cars not really looking and I realize I walked right into the shopping cart corral. Glad no one saw that senior moment

Funny stuff today

Look at it this way,if you were'nt getting older, what is the other alternative..

I am not getting older, I am maturing at an even pace:)

Besides age is but a number, it does not make the person!

Now where did I put my um, uh, oh yeah that whatchamacallit again.

Jon

Hi Ron, got your Email last week but was busy going though a few thousand books to clean some out.

I will call you in a day or two for sure.

Jon