Sign in to follow this  
John T

talking websites-R they worth it.

Question

http://www.oddcast.com/sitepal/?&affId=59224&bannerId=0&promotionId=8673

I had fun with this tonight putting a hot looking girl in it. I wonder if its worth adding something like this to my website. Its amazing how far and how fast technology is getting these days.

So does anyone have talking websites and do you guys think its something to look into??

19 answers to this question

I personally find it highly annoying and can't hit my 'mute' button quick enough. Like earlier websites that featured flashing signs and a ton of animated gif files I think this gimmicky stuff will fall to the wayside.

In a website I look for informative content, easy navigation, relatively quick loading and cohesive structure. Instructional videos are definitely a plus (like we talked about last night, Michael)

I think one of the neat things about this is that you can change the voices to where its your wife or signifcant other who's voice can be put in place there. Since my wife does the majority of my calls I would have her voice incorporated into it....except with a female who only looks to be about 22. Thanks God my wife doesn't read these bb's :)

I think most people would be annoyed by the start, the screaming. the content may have gotten better, I did not get past the screaming.

Douglas Hicks

General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

An old fart

I like fast loading as far as search engines go. As far as the voices on the website, same problem for some people who are on dial-up. I am concerned enough with just having too many pic's on the homepage.

To answer John T. NO I don't like talking web sites or any of those automated phone systems, push this button, then that button.

I consider them very discrimintory against people like myself that are hard of hearing.

Worst is when I get phone calls when not home and the person leaving a message talks so fast and sometimes with a soft voice I cannot understand a word said.

We live in a world where if you have a disability that does not show and ask someone to repeat something they look at you like your crazy.

I always inform others of my hearing problem asking them to speak up but they are deaf and have no clue to what I just said. DUH

Ok so I am sounding off but it is true they don't consider hard of hearing people when designing those web sites.

Off the stump now.

I personally find it highly annoying and can't hit my 'mute' button quick enough. Like earlier websites that featured flashing signs and a ton of animated gif files I think this gimmicky stuff will fall to the wayside.

In a website I look for informative content, easy navigation, relatively quick loading and cohesive structure. Instructional videos are definitely a plus (like we talked about last night, Michael)

I feel the same way. I mute it or hit the back button as fast as possible. Drives me crazy.