Sign in to follow this  
MEDSKER

Electric Power Washer

I was just wondering if anybody out there is using, or has used an electric washer as a mobile PW. I know it seems like a silly question but I am considering starting my own business up in the spring and I am just doing my homework. I suppose getting to the electricity could be a problem but I think with the right altenator and inverter setup a guy could use his pickup or a genny. Just a thought let me know what you think.

No, no, and no. An inverter will never give you the amperage required to start the motor(s). A 2 hp electric motor will pull almost 18 amps (2,150 watts), but it needs about 6,500 watts to start. If you go with hot water, you've got another motor to get started after the pump is running (1/5 hp, 5 amps (600 watts, 2,000 watts to start). Plus, the best you can get out of a 2 hp is either 2 gpm @1,500 psi or 3 gpm @ 1,000 psi. Not much for mobile washing. I did set a customer up with 2 3.5 gpm @ 2,000 psi hot waters running off a generator...but it was a 30,000 watt, 6 cylinder diesel.

It would be really difficult to plug in to a customer's electricity, too. You'd have to be on a 30 amp breaker and no more than 50' of 10 gauge extension cord.

There is Dave Olsen. One of his pressure washers is run off electricity. He also has a huge generator in the back of his truck to make it all happen. He might be along shortly with pictures for everyone to drool over...

GEEZ Ken

Quit giving away all the trade secrets. They don't need to know that all that equiptment we have is for nothing other than a dog and pony show.