Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Top 5 things you did for your business were...?

Target marketting - Targetted property management companies in my area that deals with HOA's. PM is big biz in this area. CALL WRITE FAX

Better equipment - cuts down on cleaning time

Pay employees decent - Have good employees, pay them good, they earn me money

Networking - with locals and on internet BB's, gets us work & great free knowledge

Logo - put logo on everything, people notice us and remember us. Trucks, trailers, biz cards, proposal sheets, etc etc

Pay employees right - good performance and retention

Direct marketing - better response & profit & got rid of the "bargin hunters"

Stepped away from the labor - can't reach the gas pedal & steering wheel from the back seat!

BBS, BBS, BBS, BBS (I can't say it enough!) - Not enough cyber ink to explain this one!

Pray & be thankful! - Obvious reasons

1.) Started it...changed my life

2.) Discovered TGS...changed the way I do business in almost every way

3.) Bought a surface cleaner...made me 10x faster

4.) Marketed, Marketed, Marketed...started to pay off after the first year

5.) Bought a hot water machine...increased my ability to complete services quickly (gum, oil, etc.)

1. Specialized... No more wood. Vinyl and Roofs 95% I actively pursue the work that has the highest profit margins.

2. Determined what it really is that I sell. Customer Service. Once you figure out what it is you're really selling, you begin to understand who your market is so that you can target them. I no longer sell pressure cleaning. There isn't anymore room for Pressure Cleaners. But lots of demand for Good dependable, trustworthy Customer Service providers.

3. Placed more focus on Internet type marketing. Much better close ratio on internet leads and higher margins.

4. Business becomes better when I spread the love. Paying help well and not trying to be cheap when buying the services that I need. I used to try and print my own stuff. Design my own cards etc. Now, with help from Pros like KBK, Image has been improved greatly.

5. Divorce from my ex-wife. Negative attitude about being self employed. Surrounded myself with positive people that support what I want to do. I guess you could say that the BBS help in this area.

Target marketting - Targetted property management companies in my area that deals with HOA's. PM is big biz in this area. CALL WRITE FAX

Better equipment - cuts down on cleaning time

Pay employees decent - Have good employees, pay them good, they earn me money

Networking - with locals and on internet BB's, gets us work & great free knowledge

Logo - put logo on everything, people notice us and remember us. Trucks, trailers, biz cards, proposal sheets, etc etc

Thats a right on thread,,,,,