Sign in to follow this  
Jhignutt

Reels

Any suggestions on high pressure or low pressure reels. I am thinking of going with a hannay reel but feel free to chime in any pros and cons are certainly welcome. Also are there any real advantages over stainless steel models compared to those that maybe painted or powdercoated i guess my question is is it worth the money.

I have 18 month old Titan reels never a problem, I love them, sturdy well built and reel nice, I have 4 month old Hose Tract and they S--K, the locking pins fall out and also break completly. I have one that the core is starting to collapse. Wont ever buy them again

Rapid reels are really durable and a bit thicker gauge than most, I like mine. I would stay away from the swivel base if it is trailer mounted though, too much bouncing and they start to bend. If you solid mount them with the tube base you can stand on them without any problems.

My cox reels have been pretty tough, but I am not happy with the powder coat. Next time around I will go for the Steel eagle Stainless electric ones though.

I agree the powder coat on the cox reels leaves a lot to be desired.It's more like a heavy coat of paint instead of powder coat.

Our cox reels look bad,but still function like they should.

I do need to replace one of the locking pins and both brake straps.

Guest Sopowerclean

Hannay is the best in my opinion. I have one that is six years old and no broblems at all. Just bought another new one for hose set up for second unit. Bought a Cox and it was terrible

I have 18 month old Titan reels never a problem, I love them, sturdy well built and reel nice, I have 4 month old Hose Tract and they S--K, the locking pins fall out and also break completly. I have one that the core is starting to collapse. Wont ever buy them again

Core Collapse - this will happen if you run your pressure washer with the hose on the reel. It should be unwound.