Sign in to follow this  
usarose

Hi Pressure Hose 50/100/200 foot. What do you use?

We only use the grey non marking hose R2 4500 psi 100 ft lengths no longer, if one blows we carry alot of back ups, although we use our PW a ton of hours never had the grey hose bust or leak, and thats with big dump trucks driving over them etc.. almost 3 years now never had a to replace any of my 6 hoses

although we do replace the brass couplers often they rust bad and get really hard to snap on and off, I would love to have the auto wind up but seems way to costly.. anyone find reasonable prices on those..?

We only use the grey non marking hose R2 4500 psi 100 ft lengths no longer, if one blows we carry alot of back ups, although we use our PW a ton of hours never had the grey hose bust or leak, and thats with big dump trucks driving over them etc.. almost 3 years now never had a to replace any of my 6 hoses

although we do replace the brass couplers often they rust bad and get really hard to snap on and off, I would love to have the auto wind up but seems way to costly.. anyone find reasonable prices on those..?

Rob

3 years now and no leaking or busting - what pressure / flow and are you using hot water.

Who is the manufacturer of that hose?

I only ever use black hose but will now consider changing (I have not had any problem with hose marking the area's cleaned). I use black because its cheaper but only get about 2 years and I am still PT. Nobody ever ran over one of my hoses. I use strict hose management and wont let it happen for fear of damage to my hoses.

Thanks for the reply

Rob

No he wasn't Ron. Read the quote in the thread. There is no way you can buy a repair kit for less than a buck.

Scott

I also buy chemicals 5 gals for less than 1 dollar also. Thats impossible too.

o rings for .04 each viton by 1000'S if you only buy one i would charge you 1.00 also.

its all about the quanity.

Happyholidays

Rob what brands lasting three years? just curious

I use 200 ft sections and 100 ft sections r1 when you start pulling 300 to 400 ft of hose around it gets heavy. r2 is alot heavier at 300 ft than r1 is. but i also carry 50 and 25 ft sections you never no when your going to need another 10 to 20 feet its nice to pull out a little section instead of another 100 ft.

Guest Danebob

I got three 50' non marking. Its cheeper to replace one 50 section than one long section i think. Anywho

I have electric hose reels and also manual hose reels as well - 100 foot + sections are essential to using these time savers (hose reels) as the join gets in the way when you are winding it up - I could not imagine using a 50 or even worse a 25 foot hose with a hose reel. Get a cheap hose reel to start with you will save time which = money on every job.

Since our van has a 2-gun capabilities, I have recently gone to the new spiral flex hoses on it. I bought 4-100' lengths (2-blue, 2-gray). Anything less than 200' is too short. There are times I need 250'-300' but those are rarer occasions. The nice thing is that with the gray and blue combination, either operator can tell whose hose is which and keep them from getting tied up an so on.

btw, the spiral flex hose is real sweet. It stays limper than the regular hose and is easier to manage overall. My crew is so pleased with them that they on their own have initiated a procedure to keep them clean by wiping them off as they roll them up. I was pleasantly surprised.

Rod!~

All our reels have 300-400ft on them and i buy them in 100ft sections non marking and we carry an extra 200 ft at least on each truck. sometimes we will wash with up to 500ft

. The nice thing is that with the gray and blue combination, either operator can tell whose hose is which and keep them from getting tied up an so on.

btw, the spiral flex hose is real sweet.

Please keep me posted on how it lasts. I have not found one yet that can handle the use we put on them. they are nice but do to the cost of replacement i cannot use them.

Thanks

Did you try to. It let me pick the three i wanted to

thought it deselected..must not have.. :)

Hey about these 3 "no hose" people.. Who you be?..

There is some major validity in going that route. You can just hang them on one hook or better yet on two hooks horizontal (like a vacuum cleaner) when you make the loops real long like 6'. Lot's of gardeners and drywallers do that out here. They just walk them out or in on shoulder.(10 loop= about 150').

Although the guys get hella dirty they are able to drop 200' or pickup 200' quiker than a manual rewind.

In terms of going around angles they way got us manual reel guys beat.

I use 2 100' lengths of r1 black hose. I don't like the join in the middle either but with quick connects, it makes it easier to reel it in on my manual reel (wish I had an electric). When it's time to reel it up I disconnect the hoses from each other, lay out the first 100' in line with the reel, and roll it up. Then I line up the second 100', join them back up and reel it in. It's much easier than trying to reel in 200' all at once.

I use 1 150' blue hose. No couplers to scrape on the corners of the house. It seems to be just about the lenght I need, but I also have several 50'ers for back up.

I used 400' today in 100' sections. First time for that...

I still ended up being short by about 100' so I'll have to get another 100' tomorrow.

I must say, my chem injector pulled very nicely at 400'. I'll see about 500' tomorrow...

I want hose reels I was told the type sold at northern would not hold up well $300 is steep for me right now but I am not against hose reels just not in my budget. does anyone know who or where I can get a Quality reel when I do buy them?

Got an extra 100' section yesterday and finished the job. Injector worked great on the 500' length.

Babyjon, I just bought 2 stackable reels from envirospec. I like them much better than my Steel Eagle. I hope they hold up. I think I paid around $400 for both of them and no stacking kit required.

I would also trust anything Bob sells at pressuretek. It kinda depends on your application and where on the trailer you want to mount it.

Joel,

How do you get your chems to pull so far? I'e got 5 gpm @3500and I seem

to max out at 150.

I have a "super suds sucker" injector from envirospec. It's a bit expensive as far as injectors go, but so far it's been worth it...

Thanks, I'll have to try one of those. I've got a new one on right now

and it sucked suds 200' yesterday no problem. Have to put it to the test.

But 500' is incredible.