Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Got A New Toy!!!!

Question

Took delivery of this beautiful CL 500 Mercedes-Benz on Saturday. It is more for the wife than anything as I am content with a pickup truck and a good ladder rack!!! LOL.

The pics do not give this vehicle justice but there it sits in my garage!! When I took it for a test drive I could not believe all the "bells and whistles" that this vehicle has ~ simply amazing!

post-181-13777217252_thumb.jpg

post-181-137772172525_thumb.jpg

post-181-137772172531_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

Thanks all for the comments. Not sure about the tinting Shane but am thinking about doing up the inside with a TV (flip down)!

Michael ~ I know what you mean about the pressure. We really did not even need to trade in our other Mercedes C240 as it only had 55k miles on it. When my wife mentioned yesterday that she wanted to just "swing by" the dealership I knew then that I was in store for a long day. Needless to say I came away with a car that I really like ~ paid a little more than what I wanted but overall was a great investment!!!

Carlos,

Nice car and all, but man your garage looks like a living room. Nice drywall and pictures hanging, all you need is a TV and a sofa. Sweet.....

Are you sure you did not park the car in the living room?

Tony,

LOL ~ my garage is a disaster area. From chems, landscaping stuff, concrete stamps laying around things are just cluttered there. I cleaned it up once and tried to keep it orderly but it's not working.

When we first moved in I actually put one of my rigs in the garage and made my wife park her car outside for a month!!! :)

We keep most of my equipment at a buddys place who has 5 acres (pickup trucks, rigs, bobcat and etc). My garage has been getting cluttered over the last couple months because some of my concrete jobs are no more than 5-10 minutes away from the house and we use the garage as a "loading zone".

It is going to have to change due to the new toy we just bought! I would hate to see one of my guys go in the garage to get a shovel and accidentally scratch the car...that would not be good!!!

About 10 years ago we had a 1991 or 1992? Corvette. It was our first home we bought and first Corvette. We added a third stall garage to the home just for the car. Adding carpet on the floor of that stall and hanging all kinds of Corvette paraphenelia (sp) on the walls. That stall of our garage was the nicest room of the whole house. (I think)

I got a lot of slack from family and friends.

Ended up selling the Corvette because it hardley ever got drove. But I loved that garage stall.

Thanks for the memory Carlos

Hey Carlos--sweet ride!! Your wife is a lucky lady. When my girls get older I'm going to look to get my wife a nice ride like that. Untill then she has her Gas Guzzler Chevy Tahoo...with leather interior. Thats if for luxury for now with young kids.

Enjoy the ride...and keep it under a 100 mph:)

LOL Jim...my GMC Sierra is what I get around in these days. Haven't been in the Benz since we bought it..oh...my bad ....had to take it to the gas station to fill it up for the wife...go figure!!!