Sign in to follow this  
hydrtequniclychallanged

rectifier, blowing fuse!!!!!

wireing ?. on rectafier the b+ or middle of the 3 the outer wires go to the staor. there is a wire going to the oil sentry/solinoid and with that is a wire with no home. there are 3 wire coming out the rectafier and the middle (violet) has no home. so 3 wire ends have no home. do they all join. I have a hydrotek ss hotbox w/ 14 hp kohler. Does the fuse blowing have any association with this. I am guessing the middle wire from rectafire, violet wire fro key switch and Black wire from control box all join. could the therastat have anything to do with this? Whats the best Way to bypass it to check and sere if its working? Hope I am making sence, Its a 30 amp fuse off the starter solinoid that a blowing., I swear there are 30 laying on the ground in my trailer

The regulator that you reference will have nothing to do with blown fuses. The problem will be in the burner components or wiring. Perhaps the burner motor is locked up due to it being bad or your fuel pump going bad. It could also be the transformer. Possibly the control solenoid that starts the burner may have a short. Or you could just have a wire rubbed through somewhere.

OFF. WELL I just replaced the wiring on the kohler. One more for you all, when investigating the box, the other wire on my therm is the temp probe, obviously a single strand, the waxy coating has rubbed down on a small piece, will wrapping a piece of electrical tape tamper with the acuracy of the therm. or, since its a single srtrand and ts all intact, just a tiny bit of coating is off, not fool with it. IE: replace it all, or do nothing. thanks for the advice, BTW. how do you change your name. I did not think this site would be as informative as it is when I signed on, therefore I am starting to regret my identity

The "single strand" wire coming from the thermostat is actually the capillary tube that senses temperature. It can't be replaced without replacing the whole thermostat because it is permanently attached and must stay that way. The coating coming off it won't hurt a thing.

BTW, welcome to the board.