Sign in to follow this  
John T

Jesus had a child??

Question

Ah oh...Sunday nite there going to show these tombs of Jesus, Mary Magedon(His supposed wife), There child along with Joseph and Mother Mary. Oh boy this is going to spark off some serious debates. James Cameron(Titanic) is either very brave like Mel Gibson was with his reiligious flick...or he's very stupid. Fanatics kill over there beliefs. I bet whether he's right or wrong James Cameron will probably wish he never did get involved in this never ending religions belief systems that are in place.

Should be an interesting fall out from this show...which I probably won't watch because thats the night for "Desperate Housewives"...

85 answers to this question

:banghead: No offense Rod, but it hurts my head to read your posts sometimes bro.

When are people going to figure out that it's not about US. It's about God and HIS glory. We weren't created to float around and reach another level of consciousness, we were created to worship HIM and please HIM. He thought of EVERYTHING when he created us, he is all knowing. There are no surprises with God. Matter of fact in HIS word he says as a part of fulfilling prophesy that knowledge will increase dramatically, that's one way to know that HIS coming is near.

We all need to read the Bible more and stop making things up as we go along....

None taken. But I was not born to be a sheep. I am not a dependent type person. I stand in awe and wonder of gods creation but know we are supposed to grow. Life is the addiction and our test is to break that addiction. Problem is, we created more addictions and dependencies. Technology is de-evolution of the soul and man from his destiny to live in gods realm.

As far as "his" words, I can't place any faith in another man to write gods words without imparting something of himself into it. If and when god speaks, it will be to all of us at the same time. There would be no mistake. Didn't Jesus say that god loves all of his childen? Unless Jesus was speaking literally or the message has been misinterpreted, I choose to believe God plays no favorites.

What does your soul tell you?

Rod!~

Go with your soul. I believe that you should question something if it doesn't add up and alot of the bible doesn't add up. Like the Noa's arc story. If Noa and his family where the only survivors after the earth was flooded how did we get to so many people today. Did his family have *** with each other to produce more children then when they got older they did the same thing. And where do the black, Korean etc. races come in.

Go with your heart,,go with your soul. If you believe that you can't question the bible then go with that. My dilemma right now is in my family I believe that none of them should ever go into anything with "Blind Faith" but of course now my 6 yr old daughter of all things really loves religion and she says grace at our table. The rest of my family is not that religous but we don't want to destroy my 6 yr olds faith.. My wife is always telling me to not tell her whats on my mind(My wife is Somewhat religious who went to catholic schools all thru her school yrs) so I don't. She'll have to make her own choices when she gets older. My oldest daughter is like me who questions......EVERYTHING!! Her and I have a need to know bases and myths to us don't add up.. We want facts.

None taken. But I was not born to be a sheep. I am not a dependent type person. I stand in awe and wonder of gods creation but know we are supposed to grow. Life is the addiction and our test is to break that addiction. Problem is, we created more addictions and dependencies. Technology is de-evolution of the soul and man from his destiny to live in gods realm.

As far as "his" words, I can't place any faith in another man to write gods words without imparting something of himself into it. If and when god speaks, it will be to all of us at the same time. There would be no mistake. Didn't Jesus say that god loves all of his childen? Unless Jesus was speaking literally or the message has been misinterpreted, I choose to believe God plays no favorites.

What does your soul tell you?

Rod!~

That's too bad...because God is looking for sheep, not goats. We were ALL born to be His "sheep". Many of us have deviated from our intended purpose.

Go with your soul. I believe that you should question something if it doesn't add up and alot of the bible doesn't add up. Like the Noa's arc story. If Noa and his family where the only survivors after the earth was flooded how did we get to so many people today. Did his family have *** with each other to produce more children then when they got older they did the same thing. And where do the black, Korean etc. races come in.

Go with your heart,,go with your soul. If you believe that you can't question the bible then go with that. My dilemma right now is in my family I believe that none of them should ever go into anything with "Blind Faith" but of course now my 6 yr old daughter of all things really loves religion and she says grace at our table. The rest of my family is not that religous but we don't want to destroy my 6 yr olds faith.. My wife is always telling me to not tell her whats on my mind(My wife is Somewhat religious who went to catholic schools all thru her school yrs) so I don't. She'll have to make her own choices when she gets older. My oldest daughter is like me who questions......EVERYTHING!! Her and I have a need to know bases and myths to us don't add up.. We want facts.

The problem with "going with your soul" is that many peoples' souls are headed for a place one wouldn't want to be.

Noah had sons who were married...Their descendants populated the earth...Just as Adam and Eve's descendants populated the earth prior to the flood. Some say the different races all stem from each of Noah's three sons. Some differences in the races are simply adaptations to environment...Which is why black folks didn't populate northern europe, and you don't find too many blonde haired blue eyed pasty faced people in equitorial areas.

Just because you can't explain something doesn't make it a myth.

:banghead: No offense Rod, but it hurts my head to read your posts sometimes bro.

When are people going to figure out that it's not about US. It's about God and HIS glory. We weren't created to float around and reach another level of consciousness, we were created to worship HIM and please HIM. He thought of EVERYTHING when he created us, he is all knowing. There are no surprises with God. Matter of fact in HIS word he says as a part of fulfilling prophesy that knowledge will increase dramatically, that's one way to know that HIS coming is near.

We all need to read the Bible more and stop making things up as we go along....

Ant, not to start with you at all, but I myself can't figure some of the things you say or other religious folks say. I'm going to try to tell you why it just doesnt alway make sense to me. I'm not trying to say there wasnt or isnt a God, but does he still control everything is my question. You say he thought of everything and there are no surprises. I hate always looking like I'm against God, because I am not. But if he has no surprises and he creates everything why are there children being raped & killed, why does he let monsters or create monsters like this. Some people are born evil its in there genitics but if God created them why are they monsters

You also say his coming is near. Havent people, religious people been saying that for hundreds or thousands of years. I've heard it all my life, I just wonder is God here & now or was he in the past and just not here anymore. I learn from you all, yes I'm never going to become born again , but i like to learn what I dont know

I asked this before and didnt get an answer, Who wrote the bible, pardon my ignorance, I just dont know. I was raised catholic , but wasnt in a very church going family. Is "my bible the same as yours or others.

Another question if God creates everything why are there other religions?

Another question if there are other religions which of course there is, or bad people. Why doesnt he change it before it happens or why doesnt he strike it down before the bad happens

Im just asking questions, I from past discusions dont want to put someone down for loving God I just wonder things and I might as well hear yours & others interpretation

Jeff

Ant, not to start with you at all, but I myself can't figure some of the things you say or other religious folks say. I'm going to try to tell you why it just doesnt alway make sense to me. I'm not trying to say there wasnt or isnt a God, but does he still control everything is my question. You say he thought of everything and there are no surprises. I hate always looking like I'm against God, because I am not. But if he has no surprises and he creates everything why are there children being raped & killed, why does he let monsters or create monsters like this. Some people are born evil its in there genitics but if God created them why are they monsters

You also say his coming is near. Havent people, religious people been saying that for hundreds or thousands of years. I've heard it all my life, I just wonder is God here & now or was he in the past and just not here anymore. I learn from you all, yes I'm never going to become born again , but i like to learn what I dont know

I asked this before and didnt get an answer, Who wrote the bible, pardon my ignorance, I just dont know. I was raised catholic , but wasnt in a very church going family. Is "my bible the same as yours or others.

Another question if there are other religions which of course there is, or bad people. Why doesnt he change it before it happens or why doesnt he strike it down before the bad happens

Im just asking questions, I from past discusions dont want to put someone down for loving God I just wonder things and I might as well hear yours & others interpretation

Jeff

Jeff,

My Mother in-law can answer that for you because I have those same type questions like most of the people I know do. It comes down to this...You have to have "Faith" call it blind faith but you have to have "faith" and if you keep questioning things like I do yes it will not add up...so you either believe or you don't. I for one don't buy into that. If it can't be explained to me where it makes sense then its myth. Thats just me and many millions more. Still I'm not worried about going to heaven or not. I've been fair and honest all my life and to me thats what...ALL GODS WANT!! So my conscience is clear.

See ya in heaven..but lets not rush to get there:)

Didn't Jesus say that god loves all of his childen?Rod!~

in short.....NO. Jesus said that it was not His will that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) Jesus told some religous Jews that their father was the devil (because of their sin). (John 8:44)

Matt 7: 14 says Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

God doesn't play favorites Rod, all we must do is Repent and Trust in the Saviour to be saved from the great and terrible day of the Lord in which he will judge us. There is no realm of living with God, there is our life now which is but a vapor compared to eternity.

Jeff...your questions are good ones young grasshoppa, I will try my best to answer them for you. On second thought, read Romans chapter 5. Get a translation like the NASB so it's really easy to understand compared to the King James Version for most folks.

John T....I can't convince you of something that you don't want to be convinced of. For instance, the Noah's arc story. If you really want to know the answer to this, take the time and listen to this sermon. Download it and play it on your mp3 player when you're exercising (that's what I do :))

We've all been over this stuff 4 million times in 4 million different threads. Yet, it's still fun :D

We're talking about God here. If you could understand everything about him what kind of God would he be? When we were all children there were things our parents couldn't explain to us until we were older becuase we at that point in life simply could not understand or comprehend them.

I held many of the same views others have stated in this thread until I read the entire bible myself. The more I read it the more it makes sense. Will I ever understand all of the Bible or God's plan while on earth? No. One thing I do know. There have been more than a few weill educated people who set out to disprove Christ's resurrection only to end up becoming Christians. Read the "Case For Christ" to hear one story.

My responses are in blue.

in short.....NO. Jesus said that it was not His will that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) Jesus told some religous Jews that their father was the devil (because of their sin). (John 8:44)

Matt 7: 14 says Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

This is exactly what I was referring to above (camel through the eye of a needle). Obviously, both of us have had numerous talks with different graces of the religious community (priests, fathers, etc) and my information comes from what I have been able to discern in the communications. The part I referred to as will and intent came directly from a Lutheran pastor. The same one who had come to visit me in the hospital as one of his paritioners during the time.

God doesn't play favorites Rod, all we must do is Repent and Trust in the Saviour to be saved from the great and terrible day of the Lord in which he will judge us. There is no realm of living with God, there is our life now which is but a vapor compared to eternity.

Then what is all the prophecy about the judgement day when god brings down heaven for all who pass to live in? Are we reading different versions of the bible? If so, I rest my case. They are all different interpretations which serve to convolute and confuse people. Keeps them from having a unity in faith. In my opinion, there should only be one source for gods word and that is god alone. My last pastor taught me to pray and talk to my soul for it is the one conduit to god that I could trust. He said to develop my will to do it with intent to form the connection.

Are you ever reminded to trust the voice inside?

Jeff...your questions are good ones young grasshoppa, I will try my best to answer them for you. On second thought, read Romans chapter 5. Get a translation like the NASB so it's really easy to understand compared to the King James Version for most folks.

John T....I can't convince you of something that you don't want to be convinced of. For instance, the Noah's arc story. If you really want to know the answer to this, take the time and listen to this sermon. Download it and play it on your mp3 player when you're exercising (that's what I do :))

We've all been over this stuff 4 million times in 4 million different threads. Yet, it's still fun :D

I am impressed that everyone who has contributed to these posts have done so in a very enjoyable manner. Good interaction.

Rod!~

My responses in blue.

That was my question too. The answer I first got was that god wrote it. But that begged the next questions of why, when, where which only annoyed people. As a child, I would have thought that something so wonderful and good would have been a joy to enlighten a child's curiosity. Finally, I was told it was a history, a recounting of the ages documenting gods works and those who where prominent in the religion of christianity (namesake of the bearer of the teachings). My biggest question was about the garden of eden. Who wrote about it? Who was the "Reporter" of the time? The answers I got were mere speculation.

My guess is because the matter of god is not clear and subject to preferences and systems of beliefs. This creates the dilemma of what god really is. It has been suggested that god appeared to man in different forms in other religions. All I know is that christianity is a very diverse religion with many branches like lutheranism, pentacostal, orthodox, catholicism to name a few. They all have jesus in common.

According to my information, we are here to advance ourselves and it is a closed book test. Here our will is free and we get to choose but we pay in the end for our choices should they not be of god's liking. God has supposedly "let go the reigns" so to speak and we are on our own here.

Jeff

Others may argue with the input I have made but that only serves to illustrate that nothing is definite where god is concerned. Religion has spread out so much that no two people see things completely and exactly alike about god, the bible, the afterlife, death, etc.

I have witnessed paritioners having a heated debate over excerpts from the bible and that lead to one of them leaving the church to join another faith. Now did anyone get that last? Another faith as it is called.

How is anyone supposed to believe in any one faith when they can't all believe the same things about god or the bible? Where is the unity? All religions say there is one god but none can agree which one is the one. They don't really know if you ask me. We are all divided. Who wants that more than anything? Divide and conquer. Satan, the devil and all the other names for the unholy one.

Listen to your soul. It wasn't written by humans.

Rod!~

Catholicism isn't Christianity, the Pope and all that stuff doesn't represent Christianity although the media labels it that way. It's another religion not based on the Bible. If you wanna understand the Bible, you must first have the Spirit that wrote the Bible inside of you. You will never understand it otherwise, I don't care if you've read it a 1,000 times over and know all the Hebrew and Greek. That's what's confusing those of you who aren't born again, and some who aren't filled with the Spirit. You're trying to understand something spiritual but with your natural mind, and you will never do that. Rod I can tell you've read a bunch of stuff about religion and things. Call upon the name of Jesus and forget the other garbage. I know being raised Catholic for some of you makes things confusing. I'm telling you that all that stuff has nothing to do with a relationship with God.

Catholicism isn't Christianity, the Pope and all that stuff doesn't represent Christianity although the media labels it that way. It's another religion not based on the Bible. If you wanna understand the Bible, you must first have the Spirit that wrote the Bible inside of you. You will never understand it otherwise, I don't care if you've read it a 1,000 times over and know all the Hebrew and Greek. That's what's confusing those of you who aren't born again, and some who aren't filled with the Spirit. You're trying to understand something spiritual but with your natural mind, and you will never do that. Rod I can tell you've read a bunch of stuff about religion and things. Call upon the name of Jesus and forget the other garbage. I know being raised Catholic for some of you makes things confusing. I'm telling you that all that stuff has nothing to do with a relationship with God.

Catholicism isnt Christianity - Now me and a zillion other people arent Christians Man thats a bummer for a lot of people. The media were they around back then too?

Nothing against you, but its statements like these that make me think Born agains are NUTS, you all exclude everybody and then what you're going to blame it on the media. I think saying some of this makes God look like crap

Face it God didnt talk to you, so you dont really know the truth and neither does any of those MEDIA LOVING BORN AGAIN TV PREACHERS that so many born again folks support

Sorry catholic & not christian bothered me, I'll stay the way I am, it seems that religion in many minds is about excluding

Jeff,

I hope that you are missing the point. There are a lot of different organizations that profess to be christian. Catholics are not the sole church that espouses christian beliefs. I think that is the point that Jason was trying to make. Of course, the Born again christians do not consider my church to be christian either. I always wonder abotut hat since I believe in the Jesus of the Bible.

Jeff, I was just using the media as in today's world how they and movies portray it that way. It makes people think that when they think of Christianity they think of the Pope and Priests and all that. When in fact that isn't Christianity. The whole Catholic teaching is a doctrine of demons. Really born-again believers look like nuts and crazy people to the world, the Bible tells us it will be like that. I bet you all really would think were crazy if you came to the type of services I go to. People speaking in tongues with interpretation, words of wisdom and prophecy, laying hands on the sick and the Power of God hitting them. Either you would think were crazy, or you would surely say that God is amongst them. Why don't some of you come on over and we'll lay hands on you and see if it's real? I know the Truth, cause Christ is the Truth, if you don't know Him you don't know Truth. How do I know this? The Spirit is inside me, His Spirit bears witness with my spirit.

I will never understand why the acknowlegement and worship of God cannot be a personal thing. Man talks a good game. Man is inherently corrupt. Man spouts religion and wrote the bible. My God is the provider of life, wisdom and courage. Man, including every person that posted here and walks the earth is flawed. It makes no sense for me to accept another man's interpretation of faith.

The same people that follow the bible blindly would scoff and call any man crazy that proclaimed to be a modern prophet. Why is that?

Jeff,

I hope that you are missing the point. There are a lot of different organizations that profess to be christian. Catholics are not the sole church that espouses christian beliefs. I think that is the point that Jason was trying to make. Of course, the Born again christians do not consider my church to be christian either. I always wonder abotut hat since I believe in the Jesus of the Bible.

No I dont think its the sole church, but why cant it be one of the churches, why cant Born Agains & others be inclusive. I think Jesus Christ & God would want it that way but what do I know

Jeff, I was just using the media as in today's world how they and movies portray it that way. It makes people think that when they think of Christianity they think of the Pope and Priests and all that. When in fact that isn't Christianity. The whole Catholic teaching is a doctrine of demons. Really born-again believers look like nuts and crazy people to the world, the Bible tells us it will be like that. I bet you all really would think were crazy if you came to the type of services I go to. People speaking in tongues with interpretation, words of wisdom and prophecy, laying hands on the sick and the Power of God hitting them. Either you would think were crazy, or you would surely say that God is amongst them. Why don't some of you come on over and we'll lay hands on you and see if it's real? I know the Truth, cause Christ is the Truth, if you don't know Him you don't know Truth. How do I know this? The Spirit is inside me, His Spirit bears witness with my spirit.

You know, forget it!

wasnt your bible partially written off some of the original bibles

I'm getting out of this conversation. I love people and I know God loves all people and because you or somebody has a little or big different interpretation of this bible or that bible, its a choice you & others make I choose to going back to being positive.

who's bible was 1st and didnt all the other go after that, so wouldnt the 1st bible be the right bible. Just wondering

Hell Im going to turn to atheism you religous people I just dont know. When I was young I was taught to love & include all man. I guess I was taught wrong.........NOT

AMEN & God Bleass to all I'm out of this one

I will never understand why the acknowlegement and worship of God cannot be a personal thing.

Ken let me explain it to you, LOL thats a good one me explain religion ha ha ha :lgsideway

I think someone said it cant be a personal thing, you have to work for God and bring others in. I think I'll open up my own ministry, I saw an open store front at the strip mall up the street LOL.................Damn Im no good, I'm definitly going to H. E. Double tooth picks

Truly Im with you on it being a personal thing See ya all in heaven

My responses in blue.

Others may argue with the input I have made but that only serves to illustrate that nothing is definite where god is concerned. Religion has spread out so much that no two people see things completely and exactly alike about god, the bible, the afterlife, death, etc.

I have witnessed paritioners having a heated debate over excerpts from the bible and that lead to one of them leaving the church to join another faith. Now did anyone get that last? Another faith as it is called.

How is anyone supposed to believe in any one faith when they can't all believe the same things about god or the bible? Where is the unity? All religions say there is one god but none can agree which one is the one. They don't really know if you ask me. We are all divided. Who wants that more than anything? Divide and conquer. Satan, the devil and all the other names for the unholy one.

Listen to your soul. It wasn't written by humans.

Rod!~

I wonder what God thinks about it all

Thanks Rod no one ever really answers my questions, you gave it a shot thou

Have a great one, I'll see you in heaven or hell or we just end up in a box and rot, who really knows until life ends

You know, forget it!

wasnt your bible partially written off some of the original bibles

I'm getting out of this conversation. I love people and I know God loves all people and because you or somebody has a little or big different interpretation of this bible or that bible, its a choice you & others make I choose to going back to being positive.

who's bible was 1st and didnt all the other go after that, so wouldnt the 1st bible be the right bible. Just wondering

Hell Im going to turn to atheism you religous people I just dont know. When I was young I was taught to love & include all man. I guess I was taught wrong.........NOT

AMEN & God Bleass to all I'm out of this one

Jason god Bless you and all

Jeff you know all of us love you. I know religion is a touchy subject and it makes it worse when people have to read off of these boards. Sometimes what a person is saying and meaning is two different things, it's always better to talk in person. But since we have these boards we do like to talk about life and everything about it. Jeff, the most simple advice I can give you if you really have a hunger to know God. Just pick up an easy to read Bible and start reading the Gospels or the Epistle's that Paul wrote. But first ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Word to you and to lead you to the place you need to be, it's that simple, the rest God will do. Really religion is hanging aroud the Cross, Christianity is getting on it. I don't even like the word religion, it's about a relationship with God that matters, the one true God, creator of heaven and earth. There's only one way to get that relationship with God, and that's through His Son Jesus. It's not through Mary, through a Pope, through Mohammed, through Buddah or any Hindu god. Only through the name of Jesus. I know man tries to work there way into heaven by doing good works and this and that. It's really simple, there isn't anything that you can do that's good enough. That's where Jesus comes in, someone had to pay for our sin. The shed blood of Christ washes our sins away if we come to Him and surrender our whole life to Him. I could quote Scripture for all this but, I'm just talking to you from person to person. God loves everyone, and I mean everyone, even Osama bin Laden and people like that. But just because God loves them, doesn't mean they will be with Him in heaven for eternity. You must be born-again born of the Spirit. We must turn from our sin loving ways and follow Jesus. Salvation is really the most simple thing, and also the greatest miracle. It's supernatural, just like healing the sick or raising the dead, cause it really is raising the dead in a spiritual sense. We were all once dead in our sins, all doomed to an eternity without God, cause he doesn't let sin come into the Kingdom of Heaven. But Christ when he breathes the breath of life into us His Spirit, we are made new and actually receive life, and not only life, but eternal life. I know you've read these things before, what I'm telling you is the truth according to the Word of God which is the ultimate truth. I used to do it all man, all the parties, drugs, clubs, rock concerts, women, fancy cars, but one day(I had many praying for me) I just surrendered my life to Jesus, and at that instance everything in my life changed. At that instant the desires for those things left. It all starts on the inside of a person before it ever manifest on the outward. Once the Spirit of God is in a person the other questions that a lot of you are asking can be understood. Although there are some things we can't understand in this world. If you've ever heard the saying "it's better felt than telt". Meaning it's hard to explain it, you just have to experience it for yourself. Our body soul and spirit couldn't hold it all. I hope this helps you, Jeff. God Bless

I bet you all really would think were crazy if you came to the type of services I go to. People speaking in tongues with interpretation, words of wisdom and prophecy, laying hands on the sick and the Power of God hitting them.

Yep...

Originally Posted by YVPW viewpost.gif

I bet you all really would think were crazy if you came to the type of services I go to. People speaking in tongues with interpretation, words of wisdom and prophecy, laying hands on the sick and the Power of God hitting them.

Not at all by me. I prefer to be of an open mind without judgement.

Rod!~

I am no scholar and do not take this for fact; but as far as I know the Jews were the first to worship just one God and the Torah was the first Bible. Jesus and his followers were Rebel Jews.